Rant

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
35% of Teamsters make 90K (not really, but ok). Those 35% are full time employees. They deserve more money than you. They have more responsibilities than you. Hard physical labor doesn't command a premium salary. Especially when the work has become more and more unskilled as time passes.

65% struggle to make ends meet. Tough. It's a part time job. Did you not know that when you applied? Why do you feel entitled to make a living working 3 hours day? You have a part time job that includes a pension, free healthcare, 401k. That's better than most full time jobs and frankly you don't deserve it. Should you make more per hour. Absolutely. But as far as I'm concerned that's about it. A part time job is not a career.

2350 full-time jobs are only combo jobs created from existing part-time work. UPS committed to creating 20,000 new full-time jobs during this agreement.

Wrong, I am not part-time and I unlike you actually worry about part-timers. You are dead wrong about 20,000 jobs. Andy M himself made that clear at the meeting. He said, "yes they are not what we wanted but it is what it is."

The Milkman

I understand that reasoning. Been with UPS for 20 years as well. I voted NO not because I wanted a higher pay, in fact I would have been ok if the contract Stays the same with just a few changes on the 9.5 and other operation related issues. I work hard not for the company but for the future of my kids and my wife and I retirement and in the process I actually helped to make this company become rich. It's a 2 way relationship. I'm thankful for my job but don't take away from what I already worked for, health and welfare is important and like I said, they can keep their 3.90 raise just don't take away anything.... I am not ashamed to say I am underpaid but I am cool with it!!!! The company has provided greatly but that is because I provided them good service as well.... When I am old the company will still be here making their money but when father time catches up with your body, I don't think you can tell me that I am a spoiled brat for wanting a small part of that cake that I helped cook.

Maybe if they Treated us with respect over the years maybe all this bitterness would not surface. They make Billions off our backs, then try to fire you, Hardly ever get a "GOOD JOB" always a "What took you so long?", If they can pay millions in bonuses to many on the board, and as anyone that has been around any length of time..They know how to make DUMB decisions that cost alot of Money because IE says do it this way but Common sense would work better, how many times do you cross paths on your route with others and make deliveries to the same address? Happens all the times , 2 drivers at my place many time... NI1 is right, we all made this company great so the employess should keep the benefits they have in place now before the contract expires, Don't water them down, company is healthy. Not asking much, if Scott takes a pay cut then maybe times are changing but I don't see that happening anytime soon

InsideUPS

I've worked for UPS for 20+ years as a Teamster. All of you teamsters are not living in reality. Everybody pays something for their benefits. We all work very hard and are paid very well . You guys should be embarrassed of yourselves acting like spoiled children. You better hope UPS keeps making billions because if they don't we will all be taking pay cuts like every other company out there. Wake up people. And I've had those teamster benefits my whole career. You guys think you should have better than me. Ups teamsters are a bunch of whiny baby brats and I'm a teamster.

I didn't come up with this but it was texted to me from one of my fellow workers for me to post on this forum. This is what it looks like from where I'm from. What's your perspective??

Well 407, IMHO, this individual appears to be someone who likes to stereotype and does not have true Union core beliefs. "ALL of you Teamsters", "UPS Teamsters are a bunch of whiny baby brats". In my 35 years at UPS, I've seen many people who are Teamsters but are "secretly" all about themselves. This type of person is actually fairly common at UPS as we continue to be divided by greed, fear, and other Union breaking tactics that UPS began to implement back in 1997.

This person would likely to be the first to cross a picket line if a strike sanctioned by the IBT would be implemented. This person breeds fear into the hearts of other well intentioned Union workers. Hopefully you stand strong against these types of people because they would be the first to degrade you as a Union representative. FWIW.....this person is only a Teamster on paper....not in heart..

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Someone sounds bitter.
image.jpg

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Honestly, this sounds like something UpstateNY would post. 407, I don't doubt your words, but from where I'm at, this guy doesn't sound like the type of guy to get fired 5 times or a guy who stands up for himself. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand, he bitches about "whiny Teamsters". On the other hand, you say he isn't a kiss ass. I'm not saying he IS a kiss ass; I'm saying where I'm at, the guys who have multiple terminations under their belt don't moan about the typical company scare tactics like he is doing here. Anyone who has worked here over 20 years knows how and why UPS makes billions. They make it off our backs.

I've been lucky. I've only been terminated twice in 29 years. If they leave me alone, I do my job and stay away from filing grievances. But if they come after me and my fellow drivers, I come out swinging. I don't worry about it, because I'm a "by the book" driver, every single day of the week.

The thing about this guy that bugs me, is the guys I know who have a lot of terminations under their belt, aren't the kind of guys to go around berating their fellow Teamsters about how they should quit complaining. Our guys are the ones you go to for advice. They might warn you, and say, careful man, watch your ass on this or that, but they don't whine about "whiny Teamsters".

I'll give you a quick example. An old friend of mine (who has been fired so many times we've long lost count) came into work one day and got stopped at the guard shack by an overzealous guard. The guard insisted that he raise his pant legs before coming in. My friend said, no go, I'm not raising my pant legs for anyone in here. The guard said he couldn't come in if he didn't raise his pant legs. So my buddy turned around and went home. A few hours passed before he got a call from dispatch, wondering where he was. He said that he was turned away by security. They said he was going to get suspended for abandoning his post. But he said nope, I was there, ready to work, but your rent-a-cops turned me away. A lot of the drivers were saying, "Man, why would he do something so stupid." But most of us were laughing about it, because that was just him. Nothing ever happened to him.

407, you sound like a good steward. I don't question you here. But your guy seems like he is halfway down the slippery slope...and he sounds scared.

Outstanding!!!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Whatever. I posted something that a member who trolls this site wanted me to put up there for him. I was asking for how others feel. Thanks for the slam brother. I didn't expect that at all from you or other but it is what it is.

It wasn't a slam.
You asked for our "perspectives".
I liked that one.

BTW, I don't like trolls and neither does the anonymous that I know.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've worked for UPS for 20+ years as a Teamster. All of you teamsters are not living in reality. Everybody pays something for their benefits. We all work very hard and are paid very well . You guys should be embarrassed of yourselves acting like spoiled children. You better hope UPS keeps making billions because if they don't we will all be taking pay cuts like every other company out there. Wake up people. And I've had those teamster benefits my whole career. You guys think you should have better than me. Ups teamsters are a bunch of whiny baby brats and I'm a teamster.

I didn't come up with this but it was texted to me from one of my fellow workers for me to post on this forum. This is what it looks like from where I'm from. What's your perspective??

A buddy texted you or u copy and pasted a comment from TDU?

Literally the exact same thing was written as a comment over there.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I voted no because as many have said, just because they pay, why should we. I don't get Flag Day off, or election Day. If they do why shouldn't I? I don't get 12 sick days and 5 personal days a year either, and I cant accumulate them for years and take a big honking long vacation. I cant leave work at 230 for a doctors appointment, and I cant come in late, or leave early for any reason. They can why cant I?
I do not want to pay for my healthcare, as I don't use it now. Im sure I will once I am able to keep a doctor, dentist or eye appointment. But I do use it for my husband, and used it for my children, years ago. I do not want to pay for my knee, shoulder or hip replacement because I beat them to heck over 30 yrs at one company. That is their cost of doing business. JMHO