Rant

All you and Stink defend is that fact that 35% of UPS Teamsters make $90K and you forget the fact 65% of UPS Teamsters struggle to make ends meet and with only 2350 full-time jobs offered the life of this TA it will take them even longer now to promote to full-time.

You guys can continue to brag about the 35%.

407 Steward must be upset that Central States Supplement was defeated. Are you upset it went down in flames or are you more upset that the 140,000 UPSers on superior health plans will not be getting merged into enhancing your Central States Health and Welfare Fund aka TEAMcare?
Good job answering the question troll.

ZJ NOMAD

This isn't my words. It's the perspective of a member where I'm from. I'm asking for others perspectives. I have no problem filing grievances for contract violation for monetary penalties. I've also filed many on others behalf and some for the top three top five or so on top senority guys to get the money. I'm not here or a steward to make big bucks off grievances. I'm here to enforce the contract and settle disputes. For this I get no extra pay and I pay dues. It's a thankless job that I do for many reasons none of which are monetary.

Oh yeah i've heard that one before. Now a days, many BA, and or stewards could be OSCAR winners, good job 407.

kingOFchester

I don't understand why all the anger coming from the yes voters. You are happy with what you have. You will get what you voted for. You will not have to give. The no voters may end up getting more then what they turned down. Is that what has your panties in a bunch? Forwarding a text to a message board.....really? Seems odd and approaching creepy.

Jackofalltrades

I've never been close to being fired cause I do everything right. And I've won every grievance I've ever filed because shiz don't get past me. Paid for christmas last year with grievance checks :)

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
All you and Stink defend is that fact that 35% of UPS Teamsters make $90K and you forget the fact 65% of UPS Teamsters struggle to make ends meet and with only 2350 full-time jobs offered the life of this TA it will take them even longer now to promote to full-time.

407 Steward must be upset that Central States Supplement was defeated. Are you upset it went down in flames or are you more upset that the 140,000 UPSers on superior health plans will not be getting merged into enhancing your Central States Health and Welfare Fund aka TEAMcare?

They also increased Pension payouts to try and force feeder drivers with enough years to retire.

​This also clears a logjam for part-timers to get full time jobs.

browndevil

I've worked for UPS for 20+ years as a Teamster. All of you teamsters are not living in reality. Everybody pays something for their benefits. We all work very hard and are paid very well . You guys should be embarrassed of yourselves acting like spoiled children. You better hope UPS keeps making billions because if they don't we will all be taking pay cuts like every other company out there. Wake up people. And I've had those teamster benefits my whole career. You guys think you should have better than me. Ups teamsters are a bunch of whiny baby brats and I'm a teamster.

I didn't come up with this but it was texted to me from one of my fellow workers for me to post on this forum. This is what it looks like from where I'm from. What's your perspective??

And CEO pay has gone up how much while cuts are taking place? hmmmm, what is really wrong here? This is why I support the Occupy movements.

anonymous4

They also increased Pension payouts to try and force feeder drivers with enough years to retire.

And in places like New England part-time cover drivers are now allowed. People will tell you this is great because you can "reduce" your progression that just became a year longer. I want to know how much this concession does or does not increase the full-time waiting game. Can someone elaborate (preferably Stink)?

GameCockFan

35% of Teamsters make 90K (not really, but ok). Those 35% are full time employees. They deserve more money than you. They have more responsibilities than you. Hard physical labor doesn't command a premium salary. Especially when the work has become more and more unskilled as time passes.

65% struggle to make ends meet. Tough. It's a part time job. Did you not know that when you applied? Why do you feel entitled to make a living working 3 hours day? You have a part time job that includes a pension, free healthcare, 401k. That's better than most full time jobs and frankly you don't deserve it. Should you make more per hour. Absolutely. But as far as I'm concerned that's about it. A part time job is not a career.

2350 full-time jobs are only combo jobs created from existing part-time work. UPS committed to creating 20,000 new full-time jobs during this agreement.

stink219

And in places like New England part-time cover drivers are now allowed. People will tell you this is great because you can "reduce" your progression that just became a year longer. I want to know how much this concession does or does not increase the full-time waiting game. Can someone elaborate (preferably Stink)?
Read it for yourself:

ARTICLE 55
Part-time employees may place their names on a list for
Temporary Cover Drivers. The list will be posted for a two (2) week period effective January 1st and July 1st of each year.
Qualified Temporary Cover Drivers and Casual Drivers may work during the months of June, July, August, the first two (2) weeks in September, and from October 15th through January 15th. Temporary Cover Driver jobs will be filled by part-time employees consistent with Article 57, Section 2 (b) (1). Temporary Cover Drivers will be utilized prior to Casual employees. Temporary Cover Drivers will be recalled based upon earliest date of qualification as a Temporary Cover Driver.

Temporary Cover Drivers shall continue to accrue part- time seniority. Part-time employees who successfully com- plete a thirty (30) day qualification period working as a Temporary Cover Driver will not have to complete anoth- er probationary period as a successful bidder on a regular full-time position. An employee who fails to qualify shall not be allowed to re-qualify one (1) year.

Once qualified as a Temporary Cover Driver, employees will be assigned to the building in which they are domi- ciled as a part-time employee. Temporary Cover Drivers shall not be required to perform driving work in other buildings unless mutually agreed to by the Employer and the Union.

(a) While performing cover for full-time seniority drivers part-time employees shall receive the applicable package car driver progression rate of pay as provided by Article 41 of the National Master Agreement or his/her part-time wage rate whichever is higher. Part-time employees working as Temporary Cover Drivers shall accumulate progression service time credit which will move them through the progression schedule contained in Article 41. As they reach pay rate anniversaries under the progression schedule they shall receive the appropriate hourly wage rate contained in the schedule or their part-time rate if higher. Upon permanent transfer from part-time to full-time the company shall recognize the accumulated progression service time under the Article 41 progression schedule and shall place the new full-time employee at the hourly rate provided by the progression schedule based upon their accumulated progression service time or their part-time wage rate if higher. It is understood that accumulated progression ser- vice will only be recognized for wage schedule progression purposes and not for seniority credit on the full-time seniority list.

(b) While working as a Temporary Cover Driver part-time employees shall be paid eight (8) hours straight time for Sick and Personal Days at the appropriate rate of pay.

poops brown too

And your saying that the 35% of the work force commends* a much higher salary because we have more responsibilities please... Our responsibility is to drive a brown truck to a consignee bring them their packages have them sign a diad and repeat....... until all packages are gone and throughout the day go do some pickups....sounds pretty unskilled to me !!!!! im tired of all the drivers who feel entitled to such high pay and feel that its ok to step on the lil guy(the part timers) And who are you to say what part timers deserve. I'm sure there is a ton of people who think you don't deserve 33+ and hour for doing what you do!!!! i haven't read any one say they want to make a living off working part time they just want a fair wage. People like you are going to be the ones that divide our union into 2!! By the way the gamecocks suck !!!!! GO GATORS!!!! CHOMP CHOMP!!!

stink219

To answer your question, it won't reduce the waiting time. But we are phasing out of outside casuals. Plus, about 70% of the building will be on the 9.5 list as of 8-1-13 (if ratified by then). So either UPS will pay, or add a few routes.

UPS Preloader

To answer your question, it won't reduce the waiting time. But we are phasing out of outside casuals. Plus, about 70% of the building will be on the 9.5 list as of 8-1-13 (if ratified by then). So either UPS will pay, or add a few routes.

It won't reduce the waiting time and it may even increase it, but at least here in New England time spent being a cover drive will count toward driver progression thereby reducing the time it takes to get to top rate once you become a driver.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I've worked for UPS for 20+ years as a Teamster. All of you teamsters are not living in reality. Everybody pays something for their benefits. We all work very hard and are paid very well . You guys should be embarrassed of yourselves acting like spoiled children. You better hope UPS keeps making billions because if they don't we will all be taking pay cuts like every other company out there. Wake up people. And I've had those teamster benefits my whole career. You guys think you should have better than me. Ups teamsters are a bunch of whiny baby brats and I'm a teamster.

I didn't come up with this but it was texted to me from one of my fellow workers for me to post on this forum. This is what it looks like from where I'm from. What's your perspective??

I'm glad you ended this post with that disclaimer my friend, because I was all set to give some negative rep.
Tell your "friend" that his brother to the south doesn't feel he deserves more than him, rather we all deserve the same BETTER health plan.
Again, this company is financially rock solid and we need not accept any concessions.

A

anonymous6

set the lead and take a pay cut so the company can make 7 billion in profits this year. you're breaking my ****ing heart.

JackStraw

If the company was doing bad, I'd have no problem giving back. BUT THE COMPANY IS NOT DOING BAD. As a matter of fact, it is thriving in a supposedly down economy with record profits. I like to think I have something to do with that. Why should I have to accept less?

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...

Honestly, this sounds like something UpstateNY would post. 407, I don't doubt your words, but from where I'm at, this guy doesn't sound like the type of guy to get fired 5 times or a guy who stands up for himself. He is talking out of both sides of his mouth. On one hand, he bitches about "whiny Teamsters". On the other hand, you say he isn't a kiss ass. I'm not saying he IS a kiss ass; I'm saying where I'm at, the guys who have multiple terminations under their belt don't moan about the typical company scare tactics like he is doing here. Anyone who has worked here over 20 years knows how and why UPS makes billions. They make it off our backs.

I've been lucky. I've only been terminated twice in 29 years. If they leave me alone, I do my job and stay away from filing grievances. But if they come after me and my fellow drivers, I come out swinging. I don't worry about it, because I'm a "by the book" driver, every single day of the week.

The thing about this guy that bugs me, is the guys I know who have a lot of terminations under their belt, aren't the kind of guys to go around berating their fellow Teamsters about how they should quit complaining. Our guys are the ones you go to for advice. They might warn you, and say, careful man, watch your ass on this or that, but they don't whine about "whiny Teamsters".

I'll give you a quick example. An old friend of mine (who has been fired so many times we've long lost count) came into work one day and got stopped at the guard shack by an overzealous guard. The guard insisted that he raise his pant legs before coming in. My friend said, no go, I'm not raising my pant legs for anyone in here. The guard said he couldn't come in if he didn't raise his pant legs. So my buddy turned around and went home. A few hours passed before he got a call from dispatch, wondering where he was. He said that he was turned away by security. They said he was going to get suspended for abandoning his post. But he said nope, I was there, ready to work, but your rent-a-cops turned me away. A lot of the drivers were saying, "Man, why would he do something so stupid." But most of us were laughing about it, because that was just him. Nothing ever happened to him.

407, you sound like a good steward. I don't question you here. But your guy seems like he is halfway down the slippery slope...and he sounds scared.