Rastafarian Beard Exemption.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'll be honest, I've never paid attention to the payouts.
I do have UPS stock rolled into a 401K match while I was a PT sup, but I never look at it because I can't add to it.
I just go on my Teamster 401k page the most.

So you have two separate 401k's?

You should be able to merge them when you retire and do your rollovers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
So you have two separate 401k's?

You should be able to merge them when you retire and do your rollovers.

Yes, UPS and teamsters have/had separate ones. When I went driving, I was ineligible to add to it and can't move it since I'm still an employee. So I just tinker, if at all.

After I retire, I'm sure I can move them together.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, UPS and teamsters have/had separate ones. When I went driving, I was ineligible to add to it and can't move it since I'm still an employee. So I just tinker, if at all.

We have a driver here who is in the same boat.

She will also have to wait until she retires to move them together.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Don't know how much you have but you should probably roll it into an IRA. Will likely give you many more options.

My wife's group just got bought out by the hospital so her 401k will be switching. It kind of sucks but at the same time I'll be rolling it into an IRA ASAP. right now I think she has 8-10 choices as far as what she can invest in.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Don't know how much you have but you should probably roll it into an IRA. Will likely give you many more options.

My wife's group just got bought out by the hospital so her 401k will be switching. It kind of sucks but at the same time I'll be rolling it into an IRA ASAP. right now I think she has 8-10 choices as far as what she can invest in.
I'm not eligible to add to it and I can't roll it over because I'm still an employee.
Basically it's a limbo account until I retire.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Honestly? Not really. I mean if you put a metaphorical gun to my head and said "ask a question" it would probably be "does Rastafarianism count as a legit beard exemption?"
Make up your own religion. If nothing else say you're a semi-practicing Muslim who must wear a beard. Or say you're a Sikh. I don't think you have to be certified in a religion to get an exemption. Say whatever you want. Say you're the founder of the new Bearded Goat religion that just started and requires you to wear a beard. They can't prove your religion is legit or not.

I only shave once every two weeks, Doctors exemption "sensitive skin" or medically coded as LAY-Z.friend-R.234

I have super sensitive skin. My manager told me my short boxed beard has gotta go. I informed him my hair grows crooked and in spirals, so if I was to shave every day my face would break out in pimples and nasty pustules from in-grown hairs. I thought that was the end of it once I explained it. A few days later a super gave me a copy of the appearance policy. I told him what the deal was with my facial hair and shaving (I keep a tidy and tight short boxed beard at 2cm).

So I'm told nothing to do but shave. So I do. By the end of the week my face is covered in ingrown hairs and pimples and scabs with razor burn. With all the dust it was even worse than normal. I was unloading one day and someone says I'm bleeding so I check my body and he's like "no, your face". I go to the super who gave me the appearance policy and ask if I'm bleeding from anywhere. He says cleanup in the bathroom and please whatever you do keep your beard.

/shrug

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have super sensitive skin. My manager told me my short boxed beard has gotta go. I informed him my hair grows crooked and in spirals, so if I was to shave every day my face would break out in pimples and nasty pustules from in-grown hairs. I thought that was the end of it once I explained it. A few days later a super gave me a copy of the appearance policy. I told him what the deal was with my facial hair and shaving (I keep a tidy and tight short boxed beard at 2cm).

So I'm told nothing to do but shave. So I do. By the end of the week my face is covered in ingrown hairs and pimples and scabs with razor burn. With all the dust it was even worse than normal. I was unloading one day and someone says I'm bleeding so I check my body and he's like "no, your face". I go to the super who gave me the appearance policy and ask if I'm bleeding from anywhere. He says cleanup in the bathroom and please whatever you do keep your beard.

/shrug
You were unloading?

Part timers don't have appearance standards.