Rate Increase

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

With the increased stops and route cutting and the decrease in gasoline, UPS shouldn't raise rates at all.

Wouldn't that be a novel idea; unfortunately, they have been increasing rates on annual basis for as long as I have worked here and shippers have become accustomed to them, passing along the increases accordingly.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was curious about this as well. Someone school me on our rates compared to other companies

Aren't we already the highest? My.only concern is that UPS prices themselves out of business

We are the highest overall.

Express charges a bit more in certain markets.

We are awfully close to the price point of becoming overpriced.

dudebro

Concern over price point? Where's the "record profits" comment? The one that shows up in every other forum?

dudebro

Or how about something simple. Get rid of all the paper reports and give them a iPad .

Dear Lord the money spent on paper and ink must be astronomical.

This is 2016, you know?

It is. We're testing tablets all over the place. Technology always seems to yield a way to create more paper, not less. Everyone looks at me funny when I argue against a print button. We all seem to be wedded to "documentation".

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I had surgery in January for a non-work related injury and used 4 weeks of vacation.

I normally take off the week classes start and the following week.

The have taken the student mail room off of me the last two days as they just wouldn't fit. 200-250 pieces just for that one stop.

We should start seeing Cheggs on Tuesday.

Don't complain man. Sounds as if you've got it easy.

Our local university here has more non-teaching administrative staff than your scool has total students. We're about to go from running 1 route down in town to 2 split cars on area - and that's for only 2 of the campuses.

keCx81.gif

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Or how about something simple. Get rid of all the paper reports and give them a iPad .

This is 2016, you know?

I would be willing to bet that just the average operating center goes through about a case of paper every two weeks. That's not counting unload, preload, twilight, feeders, or administrative.

It's insane.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit

This is 2016, you know?
Anything is better than the ORION tablets.

Problem is, just like with you guys, there are plenty we want hard copies of to cover our butts.

Johney

Sure let them blame it on our raises,it has nothing to do with the raises the pilots got and of course the $100,000 signing bonuses going to every flight crew.