rattlesnakes

542thruNthru

Anyone know if any drivers have ever been bit by one? I came very very close today. Just wondering if I would have been the first sorry SOB to suffer from that. It makes me wonder how my on road would have reacted. Because 911 would have been the 1st number called. I'm sure I would have been written up.

over9five

Staff member
"Can you finish your route before you call 911?"

"And come in early tomorrow to recite the 6 Keys to Avoiding Poisonness Snake Bites"

WhereDoIWorkAgain

I don't know about ups drivers on duty (I imagine sometime in the 100+ years someone has been hit somewhere sometime.) but I can tell you that while I was in the airforce in California at least 2 people were struck while working on planes and they weren't reprimanded for stopping and seeking emergency medical assistance, though one was reprimanded for killing the snake for identification.

542thruNthru

Stay alert
Not friendly
Always attempt delivery
Know the facts (what?)
Escape after delivery

I could just imagine that pcm the next day. Also the interigation I would have to go thru. Stupid questions like. "Did you look before you stepped? YES THE DAMN SNAKE WAS UNDER THE STEP!!! "Well thats the problem you didnt stay away from billboards"

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No Rattlers in my parts, but more than one snake back in the building. They will bite you too if you don't protect yourself. I use "unionism". Snakes hate it!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have never seen any up here. But, have always heard they are here. Is the rattle good to hear,or is it too late when you hear it?

wornoutupser

The Fred Ex driver on my rural area was bitten by a rattlesnake a few years back. He dialed 911 and was told to drive himself to the hospital because it was too far away for the ambulance to get him! He saved about 30 minutes taking himself to the emergency room. His leg was huge when he got there but he is OK now.

jaker

trolling
Man up just take a step other way , where I live and deliver I deal with snakes a lot so they dont bother me as much

texan

Mini derail... Found this yesterday.
A Chinese man's son, 13, sleeps next to his pet snake.

Bingzhe said his family has cared for the black python for 19 years since it was just an egg.

Now, it has grown to 4-meters long and weighs nearly 100 kilograms. The albino Burmese
Python has been a family pet for about 10 years.