Re-hires

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
yes !! Me !!! left in 1987 on good terms,rehired in 1989 and have been there since !! Was a loader /unloader in 87 then rehired in 89 as a driiver !! Goodluck !!!

Alexx

My good friend has worked at ups for 6 and 1/2 years now. After his 2 year mark he left UPS and went to work fulltime at a another shipping company. Decided 6 months into that job that he hated it and wanted to come back. So he came back and talked with our HR lady and they brought him back literally the next day. Now here is were things get a little crazy. He was brought back and they let him keep his hire date, seniority, and his pay as well as all his time off etc... keep in mind he quit and didn't work there for a half a year yet he kept that 2 years vested as if he never left. This happened once and is the only case I know of but still it happened. I doubt in today's economy you could get the same deal but it is definitely worth a shot.

working up a sweat

I had to quit on good terms in 2001 after 4 years PT. Lost my FT job and found new one working 7PM to 7 AM, 4 days a week. Had to resign because all 3 sorts work during that time block. Lost that FT job in 2009. Went back to UPS for PT. You lose all your seniority and start back at 8.50. You retain all your time you put in for the pension plan. When re-hired you do not have to pay the 450.00 Teamsters initiation fee(always hold onto your exit card). Go into the interview and tell them you are familiar with the UPS work "ethic". Drop names of sups also. You will be re-hired. You just have to make the cut. They hired 37 for peak and only retained 3.