Reaching out for some much needed advice ...facing a permanent termination

brownelf

You must certainly can.Considering that body your takes one hour to digest one beer.You get behind the wheel before that one hour is up &you will!
If that's the case, why didn't you ask for a blood test? Did you sign any agreements in order to return driving after the first incident and subsequent treatment?

P

pickup

Well, from my own experience, they (cops) stopped me back in the 90's as I drove out of the parking lot from a bar (needed cigs - didn't even want to visit the bar, but that gas station next door was already closed). I blew a 0.7, and those dummy cops gave me a 24 hr suspension and I had to walk home (2 miles) in the cold.
But, they even wanted to take it further and tow my car away, until I finally (after endlessly convincing them), let me push my car (by myself), around the corner to a safe parking spot.

Oh ,the word "dummy" applies , just not to the cops but to you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, from my own experience, they (cops) stopped me back in the 90's as I drove out of the parking lot from a bar (needed cigs - didn't even want to visit the bar, but that gas station next door was already closed). I blew a 0.7, and those dummy cops gave me a 24 hr suspension and I had to walk home (2 miles) in the cold.
But, they even wanted to take it further and tow my car away, until I finally (after endlessly convincing them), let me push my car (by myself), around the corner to a safe parking spot.
Most people out there driving blow ZERO !!!!! You shouldn't ever take a drink and risk driving and getting caught. You might get away with it some, but eventually it'll bite you in the ass. Hopefully you won't kill anyone when it does.

over9five

Staff member
Why do restaurants have bars and serve alcohol? You have to drive to get there and then drive home. Why is it legal for them to serve alcohol?

rocket man

what's also puzzling to me is within the last couple of years my hub has
had 3 separate incidents of high seniority package drivers caught intoxicated and or drinking while on the job..all three drivers have gotten their jobs back.what's different in their cases than mine?..hopefuly will help me ...i also not naive enough to think ups management doesn't lurk on this site.probably wouldn't be a good idea to divulge any more info than i have already shared .i
who cut you down? I said dont resign but i dont care what you do

klein

Für Meno :)
Why do restaurants have bars and serve alcohol? You have to drive to get there and then drive home. Why is it legal for them to serve alcohol?

No doubt, if they serve alcohol then they shouldn't have parking spots, and be excluded from those bylaws on how many parking spots they need.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Never resign. And if u do get terminated permanently, UPS can never say why. They can only give a left on date.
My old center had a guy with 3 duis, and got his job back until the third.
I say dont give up. You say you have other financial backing, Praise the Lord.
drinking and driving is bad, we all know that. You didnt kill anyone, you were not obliterated.
I remember the days going to the beer garden with my Dad after he got off work, and he would have a few with his friends, and I didnt know at that time, but he was relaxing and unwinding. He never drove crazy, reckless, to me it is a fond memory.
Putting every one in a category where with a few beers, you are going to drive down the road and kill someone, is what it is, and I understand that.
Unfotunately the guys driving home at 630, who have been at the tavern for an hour are the ones who get picked. Not the ones at 3am, who have been at the bar, since 3 pm, and dont know which way is home. Sorry I feel it is a double standard. but ... it is what it is.....
I know from experience if I have 3 beers I am safe to drive. I dont but I know I am safe. Or I wouldnt do it. I grew up when having a drink after work was not a life sentence now it is.
I see more people who could kill me driving talking on a phone, than any person leaving a bar, after a few. Not too many just a few.

NYdriver

:beerhat: <------- OP driving around town...

lol, sorry OP, just wanted to throw some humor into the situation.

I do wish you the best and hope you get your job back.