Ready to Strike?

Get your beach chairs and beer bellies ready
Ready
IMG_20220905_124119661_HDR.jpg

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Last paragraph of that article is a quote from Carol Tome it says this; “Our goal with the Teamsters is win-win-win,” she told investors in July. But she added that UPS is “building contingency plans.”

Anyone have ideas on what those contingency plans are? Because she declined to comment when asked.
i would bet PVD's

Thebrownblob

Last paragraph of that article is a quote from Carol Tome it says this; “Our goal with the Teamsters is win-win-win,” she told investors in July. But she added that UPS is “building contingency plans.”

Anyone have ideas on what those contingency plans are? Because she declined to comment when asked.
She probably thinks she can hire PVDs to do all the work lol.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

of course they have to have contingency plans?
this is a BILLION dollar company with shareholders like me to protect.

win-win is always the best scenario.
It won't be as easy as it sounds but i don't think there will be a strike.

If las vegas makes book on it I will bet no strike.

100%

of course they have to have contingency plans?
this is a BILLION dollar company with shareholders like me to protect.

win-win is always the best scenario.
It won't be as easy as it sounds but i don't think there will be a strike.

If las vegas makes book on it I will bet no strike.
I haven’t seen anything from the previous contracts that make it look like there won’t be a strike. No 2/3 rule. Plus the fact that you won’t get anything unless you strike.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I haven’t seen anything from the previous contracts that make it look like there won’t be a strike. No 2/3 rule. Plus the fact that you won’t get anything unless you strike.
After reading the article on CNN , you may be right. The company speaks about a contingency plan if you go on strike. That sounds like chest beating BS. How are they going to replace 350,000 workers deliver 21,000,000 packages a day?

But what is worrisome is that UPS handles about 6% of the nations business , The president could order a NO STRIKE as a matter of national security as Reagan did with the air traffic controller strike.

The union called Reagan's bluff and lost. Those controllers were fired and replaced.

Something to think about.

Thebrownblob

After reading the article on CNN , you may be right. The company speaks about a contingency plan if you go on strike. That sounds like chest beating BS. How are they going to replace 350,000 workers deliver 21,000,000 packages a day?

But what is worrisome is that UPS handles about 6% of the nations business , The president could order a NO STRIKE as a matter of national security as Reagan did with the air traffic controller strike.

The union called Reagan's bluff and lost. Those controllers were fired and replaced.

Not even remotely the same scenario thanks for playing.

UW2aXa4YQZeqxckbXk.gif