Real COLA

Heavy Package

Sorry just curious. Contact ends 2023. It will more than likely be a 5 year contract. I doubt it'll be more than a $1 raise a year... If it's not what's your game plan? Strike till it's $2-$3 dollars a year?

Just curious what we are getting at here with this inflation talk. I ask because it's not like every job is jumping $10 every couple years in pay and we also seem to laugh when PTers say they should start at more. How do you see the public responding? I imagine it'll be just like the FTers when PTers say they should make more.

Just my opinion.

Close to where I am the Teamsters just ratified a contract with an immediate $2/hr pay raise plus annual increases plus an extra week vacation per year. Not bad.

Realistically for actual compensation for next contract (not all the other BS that needs to get improved) I am looking for the following:

1. FT and PT wage increases minimum $10/hr plus COLA over 5 years
2. Maintain Healthcare as is
3. Increases to pension at $25-$50 additional per year of service

vvv

Will be an exciting contract negotiation.
What do ya think Poop......should I try to leg it out and stick around for the festivities til then, or depending on which way the wind is blowing tomorrow tell them I'm DONE and toss the uniforms into the grill to get it properly preheated for a celebratory feast? ;)

I'm not one and never have been the type to plan and set dates, pretty much wake up each day and take it from there. And lately when I wake up and get ready I'm at the point where I stand there for a minute or two before leaving my place and think to myself to tell them find someone else to do it.

I'm not killing myself though and needing to work everyday, nor working whacked out late hours all the time.....unless I feel like hammering the kids for the sake of it. Heck, between taking some regular vacation time and then just taking unpaid days I think I may have worked 2-3 weeks combined at most so far this year.

Ahhhhhhh.........the oh so difficult and tough life choices of a professional slacker!!!!

vvv

Well, actually wages in the USA have been rising faster than ours for years on a percentage basis..
We may be used to less than a dollar an hour increases, but it is time to wake up. 5% wage increases have been the norm outside of UPS for a decade.

Wages in the United States increased 9.16 percent in December of 2021 over the same month in the previous year.

$39.67+ .76 June 2022+$1 August= $41.43 at contract time.
Dollar yearly increases would yield:
$42.43 2023; $43.43 2024...$47.43 in 2018
Inflation is currently running at 8%-9.5%
EVEN at 5% inflation $41.43 in 2022 should increase to $55.52 in 2018

$47.43 vs $55.52.
A difference of $8 an hour in buying power. $20,000 less a year. Would you do this job for $20k less per year than you make now?
I don't think I want to even continue doing it for $20,000 more. LOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sorry just curious. Contact ends 2023. It will more than likely be a 5 year contract. I doubt it'll be more than a $1 raise a year... If it's not what's your game plan? Strike till it's $2-$3 dollars a year?

Just curious what we are getting at here with this inflation talk. I ask because it's not like every job is jumping $10 every couple years in pay and we also seem to laugh when PTers say they should start at more. How do you see the public responding? I imagine it'll be just like the FTers when PTers say they should make more.

Just my opinion.
Yes strike if need be. Asking a company whose profits have far outweighed inflation to simply keep up with inflation should be a min starting point.

Poop Head

Judge me.
What do ya think Poop......should I try to leg it out and stick around for the festivities til then, or depending on which way the wind is blowing tomorrow tell them I'm DONE and toss the uniforms into the grill to get it properly preheated for a celebratory feast? ;)

I'm not one and never have been the type to plan and set dates, pretty much wake up each day and take it from there. And lately when I wake up and get ready I'm at the point where I stand there for a minute or two before leaving my place and think to myself to tell them find someone else to do it.

I'm not killing myself though and needing to work everyday, nor working whacked out late hours all the time.....unless I feel like hammering the kids for the sake of it. Heck, between taking some regular vacation time and then just taking unpaid days I think I may have worked 2-3 weeks combined at most so far this year.

Ahhhhhhh.........the oh so difficult and tough life choices of a professional slacker!!!!
I can see why guys in your position stick around after theyre able to walk away. Its like watching an amateur circus show. Hard to watch, but youre kinda secretly hoping to see the lion bite the guys head off.

35years

Gravy route
I like it but what about the PTers? What do we bump them up to? They've been down in the basement so long that it's going to take a mountain of cash to bring them out.
The vast majority of new part timers are temporary employees. They have no stake in the company. Very few will still be Teamsters in a year. The long term part timers should be compensated well.

Why would we bump the starting wage way up for people who will likely be here for a few months at the most?

I think long term part timers should top out at driver pay per hour.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Give a :poop: about pt or new hires? @35years, first time I seen your name here, never spoke to you.
Sounds like you give no :poop: beyond yourself.
Where did you start 35 years ago?

You're a piece of work.

Maintain our current standard of living even though upper management and stockholders have seen huge increases.

You want your current standard of living don't retire, POS you are.

My opinion.
I have been on Brown Cafe 2 years longer than you. And in reality I joined 10 years prior to that under a prior name but had to change it because some of my posts management didn't care for...

I did my time part time unloading and sorting, so I don't have a clue where you get the hate.

I guess some guys just want to be internet tough guys?

542thruNthru

The vast majority of new part timers are temporary employees. They have no stake in the company. Very few will still be Teamsters in a year. The long term part timers should be compensated well.

Why would we bump the starting wage way up for people who will likely be here for a few months at the most?

I think long term part timers should top out at driver pay per hour.
They may not leave so quickly if they were paid better and not treated like second class citizens by management and driver's.

It would also attract a higher quality applicant. We all love to complain how horrible PTers look and load but yet we don't want to do anything about it.

floridays

I have been on Brown Cafe 2 years longer than you. And in reality I joined 10 years prior to that under a prior name but had to change it because some of my posts management didn't care for...

I did my time part time unloading and sorting, so I don't have a clue where you get the hate.

I guess some guys just want to be internet tough guys?
Nothing tuff about me, just mouthy.

When I asked where did you start 35 years ago I wasn't referring to the job. I was curious if it was under a tiered pay system.

I do apologize for being rough on you, I was out of line, I was wrong.

I'm sorry.

In more ways than one. :lol: :lol: :thumbup1:

35years

Gravy route
They may not leave so quickly if they were paid better and not treated like second class citizens by management and driver's.

It would also attract a higher quality applicant. We all love to complain how horrible PTers look and load but yet we don't want to do anything about it.
So pay the ones that stay top wage. Simple solution