"Really" long hours.

gumbybros

We got a message sent to us today, courtesy of our district manager..."No missed pkgs! Work up to 14 hours." For us, that would be 11:45 PM. Around here a person could get shot walking up on someones porch that late. Is that even legal?

Raw

Raw Member
Code:
We got a message sent to us today, courtesy of our district manager..."No missed pkgs! Work up to 14 hours." For us, that would be 11:45 PM. Around here a person could get shot walking up on someones porch that late. Is that even legal?
You posted at 6:45 pm, I don`t get home during the summer that early ! Why are you complaining ?

gumbybros

First of all, I didn't say I worked that late. And I don't intend to if I don't have to. Second of all bozo, what makes you think I'm in your time zone. And apparently you're home to post a reply.

trickpony1

Its not only unsafe,its illegal.
With a break its 15 hours.

In America, our days are 24 hours long.
Of those 24 hours, we must be off work for 10 hours (that leaves 14 hours).
Of those 14 hours, we must take 1 hour lunch (that leaves 13 hours).
In America, we can only work 13 hours per day (but you can't exceed 60 hours a week)

........for those who are required to take only 30 minutes meal, you could work 13 1/2 hours (but you still can't exceed 60 hours per week.

Periodically we go through this confusion..........:confused:1

Cezanne

Is there not a DOT requirement of not working a driver past 60 hours a week or 15 hours a day. They probadly still keep track of your road time in the centers. Believe there is a monetary fine if a driver goes into violation.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
i heard in our building we are still on the 12 hour rule for pkg drivers. And yes you can work up to 14 hours a day........two 30 min lunch (feeder) one hour for pkg driver.

tieguy

Banned
Since most of you are not feeder most dot rules really do not apply to you. However UPS tries to keep you tied to 60 hour a week rules even though they really don't have to. DOT rules recquire you work no more then 14 hours a day including lunch time. and no more then 60 hours a week even though you do not drive more then 150 miles from your building therefore exempting you from most DOT Hours of service rules. Therefore if management decides to keep you at 60 hours a week or less then thank them for their thoughtfullness cause they could legally whore you to death if they so chose.

wornoutupser

Since most of you are not feeder most dot rules really do not apply to you. However UPS tries to keep you tied to 60 hour a week rules even though they really don't have to. DOT rules recquire you work no more then 14 hours a day including lunch time. and no more then 60 hours a week even though you do not drive more then 150 miles from your building therefore exempting you from most DOT Hours of service rules. Therefore if management decides to keep you at 60 hours a week or less then thank them for their thoughtfullness cause they could legally whore you to death if they so chose.

Tie,
Even though UPS wants to kill us at 14 hours a day ( OK, make that 13.8,13.9) here, the one thing that the Florida Highway Patrol has PROMISED me is a ticket if they catch me 1 click over 60 hours.
My area is heavily patrolled and I know many of the troopers. UPS even provided and ex-feeder manager to teach the local troopers that UPS drivers are not covered under the 12 hour rule. How thoughtful is that?