Rear box truck garage door pull down extension

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
giphy.gif

Can't trust a 1st grader to secure the home. So have to be commuting in rush hour traffic afterwards which triples the time to the terminal if there's accidents on the highway

dvalleyjim

Silly Orion. You'll do it and like it or run offf to another contractor thinking things better "over there". Truth is you're in a dead end job that goes nowhere and destroys your body year after year. But if you want to amuse yourself with such internet flotsam, by all means, post on.

Just go out on disability, say you got hurt on the job, be specific about the stop and the package you were hurt by. Report the injury to management, go to their doctor. Then go to lawyer, go to lawyer's doctor and sue bbsam's insurance. Milk it until you get a settlement then go out on permanent disability. That's how you handle pretend entrepreneurs with an attitude!

bbsam

Staff member
Just go out on disability, say you got hurt on the job, be specific about the stop and the package you were hurt by. Report the injury to management, go to their doctor. Then go to lawyer, go to lawyer's doctor and sue bbsam's insurance. Milk it until you get a settlement then go out on permanent disability. That's how you handle pretend entrepreneurs with an attitude!
Absolutely. Sue the insurance company. Remember though, they have the time and money to prove insurance fraud so make sure you don't get caught doing anything remotely physical for the next 30 years.

bbsam

Staff member
In other words, Jim, why would I care?

The Youngin' Of It All

Instead of suing the insurance company, why not just sue the shipper for lying about the weight and dimension? Of course you'll have to prove it, even though there is no weight limit in FedEx's eyes. Sure you might be disqualified by FedEx for the rest of your life and cost them a major account, but hey you're the one receiving money and permanent disability, so what does it matter?With an intelligent lawyer it shouldn't be too hard to prove with all the IC's and oversize we're getting.

bbsam

Staff member
Instead of suing the insurance company, why not just sue the shipper for lying about the weight and dimension? Of course you'll have to prove it, even though there is no weight limit in FedEx's eyes. Sure you might be disqualified by FedEx for the rest of your life and cost them a major account, but hey you're the one receiving money and permanent disability, so what does it matter?With an intelligent lawyer it shouldn't be too hard to prove with all the IC's and oversize we're getting.
150lb weight limit. Above that, ISP as the right to refuse. Station personnel @CJinx will tell you differently but this comes straight from VP's that were at Chicago summit two weeks ago.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Whoa,Jim... I'm not that type of driver who'll go into disability.

I Don't want anything to do with surgery or doctors except for the biannual DOT tests. So I do practice some of those UPS methods

I'm already telling those millennial snowflake drivers in my terminal to not burn yourself out for the sake of making your subcontractor richer. U let them know your stop limits & he or she will work with it.

Don't end up like that driver with a hernia operation because he was running/gunning to get done early. 3 points of contact so u won't end up slipping & becoming a limp for the rest of your life.

If they are young enough, they'll soon get the big picture that it's a dead end job & to leave yourself an out ASAP.

The Youngin' Of It All

150lb weight limit. Above that, ISP as the right to refuse. Station personnel @CJinx will tell you differently but this comes straight from VP's that were at Chicago summit two weeks ago.

I agree with what you are saying. We've had many packages lied to about the weight in our hub (and I am sure yours too) that have exceeded the weight limit and the office forces contractors and their drivers to take these packages regardless or pulls the whole 27 nonsense. How do you go about this to get out of it? I haven't had that issue yet personally, but we had one contractor who had a whole canopy set that they weighted at 149lbs by Amazon just to get it through the system. Left it behind 3 days in a row and then finally the office made him take it. Where is the common ground for refusal on this incident? Also, on pickups with the right to decline after 200? What if it's a late pickup? Someone told me it would count as a missed pickup and service failure on your side because you can't call someone else at 6:00 or 7:00 at night to do it, even if that's the earliest window at the customers choice. So what's the purpose of offering that option in an ISP contract if it's not going to be upheld by X's standards?

bbsam

Staff member
If it's over 150, it doesn't go. I'll eat a "27" 3 days in a row if necessary. I don't want the shipper expecting great service on something we shouldn't even have.

Next I'd call contractor relations and have them contact Pittsburgh to get clarification on the weight limit and instructions on how local management is not to make up rules and procedures that fit their preference and whim.

Star B

White Lightening
yep, weight it. if it's over 150, it doesn't go. 151.. nope. FedEx won't give you the leniency on a hard number, why should you give it to them?

I'd want to watch them weight it too, just to make sure they don't fudge with the scale. I would expect ground mgmt to do that to you guys.

dvalleyjim

In other words, Jim, why would I care?
Been sued twice over workman comp. First time i cared, second time just let the insurance handle it. Also probably 3 other workman comp claims where the drivers came back to work. One lawsuit over a traffic accident. FedEx insurance handled it all with no money out of my pocket. Been there, don that!

bbsam

Staff member
Been sued twice over workman comp. First time i cared, second time just let the insurance handle it. Also probably 3 other workman comp claims where the drivers came back to work. One lawsuit over a traffic accident. FedEx insurance handled it all with no money out of my pocket. Been there, don that!
Why did you care the first time? That's what the insurance is there for.

bbsam

Staff member
Someone told me it would count as a missed pickup and service failure on your side because you can't call someone else at 6:00 or 7:00 at night to do it, even if that's the earliest window at the customers choice. So what's the purpose of offering that option in an ISP contract if it's not going to be upheld by X's standards?

Take 200, leave the rest. In the future, customer will inform well ahead of time of over 200 pieces and then you will be able to let station know of your refusal if that is in order.