Reasons and explanations for sups integrity issues

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Could you describe the ruckus, sir?
We are a small PT driver bldg, so drivers here load, deliver, and unload packages (Saturdays are FT if you want them). Our sups routinely illegally edit time cards to look good, hit goals, and I assume make bonuses. Our pay is not affected by the editing, but clearly the sups have integrity issues. I want to understand the reasons for their behavior and how their goals and bonuses work.

Yesterday's example: My preload reduced by 25 min. My return to bldg time reduced by 54 min. It shows that I was back at bldg when I was actually doing my last pickup.

We are a small PT driver bldg, so drivers here load, deliver, and unload packages (Saturdays are FT if you want them). Our sups routinely illegally edit time cards to look good, hit goals, and I assume make bonuses. Our pay is not affected by the editing, but clearly the sups have integrity issues. I want to understand the reasons for their behavior and how their goals and bonuses work.

Yesterday's example: My preload reduced by 25 min. My return to bldg time reduced by 54 min. It shows that I was back at bldg when I was actually doing my last pickup.
Was your actual paid day correct

Oops.i saw that

Don't worry about it it's not your problem as long as your pay is correct.

AwashBwashCwash

His pay may have been correct but it's still a cause for concern when your pay check is being altered without you being notified or understanding the reason behind it.
It means you have to maintain an extra layer of diligence to make sure that you don't get screwed over. Maybe his pay was correct this time but if they can do this now who knows what else they are capable of.

Why is this company so :censored2:ing toxic? It's amazing how widespread these issues are. Like one would never expect the mere act of moving boxes around to result in such an intense atmosphere of hostility and hatred.

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

So you now had over an hour of PM time? If that is the case, I would document it because eventually someone is going to question your excessive PM time.
That's what is so baffling. They have been doing this for a while now and our center and division manager, who work out of a diff bldg, don't seem to care. I never get in trouble for excess PM time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Those up in the Ivory Tower are clueless. They look at the reports and think "damn-things are running smooth. We are so good". Meanwhile everyone else in management is stepping on each others Dicks.

WTFm8

Go online and submit a complaint/concern to the ethics hotline. Violation of page #6.

They’re falsifying records to make numbers, company in turns says X amount of employees can handle Y amount of volume. Management thinks short-term and stabs themselves/workforce in back tomorrow.

Same principle of filing on supervisors working... especially ling-term. It hides the fact there is inadequate staffing for the work.

https://www.ups.com/media/en/code_bus_conduct.pdf

Last edited:

NTGhost

as if management cares that you are understaffed. Understaffing is normal practice in Germany why it wouldn't in US?

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Definately an ethics violation. Management must be above reproach on integrity. If they fudge the numbers here, you know they will tell whatever lies they need to later on to save their skins. And that lie may cost you your job down the line somewhere.

Where'sMyRegularDriver?

Go online and submit a complaint/concern to the ethics hotline. Violation of page #6.

They’re falsifying records to make numbers, company in turns says X amount of employees can handle Y amount of volume. Management thinks short-term and stabs themselves/workforce in back tomorrow.

Same principle of filing on supervisors working... especially ling-term. It hides the fact there is inadequate staffing for the work.

https://www.ups.com/media/en/code_bus_conduct.pdf
Thanks for the link. We are not understaffed. On the contrary, we hired 10 drivers months ago. We would be tripping over ourselves by hiring more. I think the problem is their goal/bonus metric is unrealistic for our small 1 preload belt bldg. No one can make it go any faster. They lie to keep their jobs and bonuses. I am not sure anyone in upper mgmt would even care if I told them. I am just gathering info and watching them. I have told drivers and problem children about it. They now have some ammo to be used at their discretion.

NTGhost

fudging the numbers is also totally normal in big company's. So long as you get paid what you had worked, don't care. they have to meet their goals too. If tomorrow in Hamburg alone, we all worked after the methods, UPS Germany as a whole would be a nuclear explosion the day after. That bad it is. Alone the obligatory break time the drivers have to make would be enough to implode Hamburg the day after. Everybody knows this, nobody cares. Otherwise the Numbers wouldn't even close to what we have right now. and I'm very sure you are no different in the US. so, make sure you get paid for what you have worked and stop worrying about administer stuff. It's a different world you maybe not fitting in. Work WITH your sup not against him. The numbers are always insane and stay that way. He have to meed the numbers given by Atlanta. if he don't get the numbers...someone else will do it and he will not wizard you the correct pay. Been there, done that, three Years until he got an stroke and is now some clerk somewhere else.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
call the ethics hotline, encourage other drivers to do the same

corp security will roll in and nuke some jobs
And then new management will come in and you will have a target on your back.
Time cards are kept for at least 7 years and all changes are there as well.
Why do you care if it doesn’t affect you?