Recently Terminated--NEED Help

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Maybe Hoax can offer some input on this as well, but I believe it, like many other policies are adressed on a district or regional level.
There is a push to keep S/A's to a 1% avarage per car, so any CLO is a flag to consider pulling that stop on that day every week if they are consistently closed on Mon or Fri for example. Here CLO H is not by UPS holiday per se, but it is case by case and mgmt let's us know when they want it used. When they don't authorize it, we don't use it.

A few years ago I remember taking out a large plan day, like Pres day or something, lots of business and bringing back like 50 S/A's, unloading them and other routes having similar results. I can see now a large savings by pulling these stops, even though we lost a route as a result, I can't argue the reasoning. One of the last times I can remember bonusing big time too. Mostly in the tank nowadays.

jalnar

Hi I was hoping somebody would be able to let mmy customers and they gave me the Ok. Then I would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for
Eventually some shipper complainned, and Loss Prevention GPS'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime I did it, it was understood with the customer. But they didn't care- they said the shipper is the only one who matters and called it Falysification of Documents. So, I was wrong for doing it. I've been with UPS for 8 years driving for 3.5. My record is clean and I didn't have a bulleye from management. I hear Most managers are actually quite surprised they let me go so abruptly. I knew I was wrong but never thought I would lose everything for it.

Does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
Thanks
Did the customer know what you where doing and gave you the ok. If yes you should be able to get your job back. Get a letter from customer and get it notarized stating they knew what you where doing, and they had no problem with it. Also where you taking 2 stops fotr the one address

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Did the customer know what you where doing and gave you the ok. If yes you should be able to get your job back. Get a letter from customer and get it notarized stating they knew what you where doing, and they had no problem with it. Also where you taking 2 stops fotr the one address

The customer is paying a premium to ensure that the pkg is delivered by the commit time. The OP found that commit time to be inconvenient so he established his own commit time, in essence lowering the level of service from Next Day Air to Next Day Air Saver. I don't care if he had a note from the Pope, he is being dishonest. BTW, there is no consignee who would ever sign, let alone notarize, such a letter. Consider it a lesson learned, update the resume and move on.

klein

Für Meno :)
The customer is paying a premium to ensure that the pkg is delivered by the commit time. The OP found that commit time to be inconvenient so he established his own commit time, in essence lowering the level of service from Next Day Air to Next Day Air Saver. I don't care if he had a note from the Pope, he is being dishonest. BTW, there is no consignee who would ever sign, let alone notarize, such a letter. Consider it a lesson learned, update the resume and move on.

You know, I do agree on that.
Like many of us, we have shipped via UPS, and we track our sent items online.
If me , (as a sender), pays "mega bucks" to have it there by 10:30, and I find out, it didn't arrive until 16:00.
Sure, it would drive me nuts, or anyone else, on the sender side.

And , they request a refund. So, would I, or any of us.
And, thats how he got caught, period !

browniehound

You know, I do agree on that.
Like many of us, we have shipped via UPS, and we track our sent items online.
If me , (as a sender), pays "mega bucks" to have it there by 10:30, and I find out, it didn't arrive until 16:00.
Sure, it would drive me nuts, or anyone else, on the sender side.

And , they request a refund. So, would I, or any of us.
And, thats how he got caught, period !

I agree with everything said before. The driver was very wrong and the shipper should be very pissed. Especially if the delivery records show a bogus CLO 1 attempt before 1030 which will result in a long process in recovering the refund.

My next statement is aimed at shipper. For every shipper that cares their parcel gets delivered by 1030, there are 10 who don't care and still pay for premium services.

For example, I will pick up a tote of 2-day airs destined for towns in my own state. Why would you send a 2-day air letter to the next town? Does UPS sit on these for a day or do they deliver them a day early?

The most wasteful use of money is EAM deliveries. People still insist of shipping EAMS to business that don't open until 900. I think they see the "before 8 AM" service and think that if someone isn't there at the driver will wait and deliver the package at 855, lol. Little do they know that the package will be the last of my NDA attempts around 1025 if they are not there by 800 AM.

Then you get the resi. customers who order Amazon, Zappos, Piperlime, etc NDA and you show up at 530 with their ground crap and the NDA stuff is still sitting there. I guess it wasn't that important, lol!

klein

Für Meno :)
IThe most wasteful use of money is EAM deliveries. People still insist of shipping EAMS to business that don't open until 900. I think they see the "before 8 AM" service and think that if someone isn't there at the driver will wait and deliver the package at 855, lol. Little do they know that the package will be the last of my NDA attempts around 1025 if they are not there by 800 AM.

Gee, don';t wanna hear that one ever again, still makes me sick to this day.
Being told to drop off a EAM package to Blockbuster, on my way out , to my rural city, (extra 20 minutes there, 20 minutes back, for me), even though they knew it was closed at 8:20- my eta).
Told sup, he said, just place an info notice at the door.

That I did, and wasted 40 minutes of my own day doing so !
And , it still pisses me off, that if the regular driver would have taken it, they would have gotten it same day... but, me (as out of towner), brought it back, for next day delivery.
And I asked sup about it... so now what, he still won't make 8:30 comment time......Answer : No longer needed... 2nd day, that is waived...

Another example, how we please our customers...
Early AM... turning into next day.. with all the great surcharges !

Keep it up, UPS.. and Fedex will buy you up soon !
(sorry, just makes me mad, how UPS can screw customers, just to have thier own numbers look 100%).

Just not RIGHT !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree with everything said before. The driver was very wrong and the shipper should be very pissed. Especially if the delivery records show a bogus CLO 1 attempt before 1030 which will result in a long process in recovering the refund.

There was a cottage industry where clerks would sit at computers and track barcodes all day looking for service failures which they would then process for refunds. Shippers would provide these companies with their barcode information and the company would work on a commission basis. This was before UPS imposed a 25 package limit on tracking on their website.

My next statement is aimed at shipper. For every shipper that cares their parcel gets delivered by 1030, there are 10 who don't care and still pay for premium services.

As we all know, this trend has changed with the downturn in the economy but, yes, most shippers don't take the time to track their shipments.

For example, I will pick up a tote of 2-day airs destined for towns in my own state. Why would you send a 2-day air letter to the next town? Does UPS sit on these for a day or do they deliver them a day early?

I get NDA within the same zip code.

They used to hold 2DA for a day and then put them OFD but found that it was more cost effective to simply put them in the system right away.

The most wasteful use of money is EAM deliveries. People still insist on shipping EAMS to business that don't open until 900. I think they see the "before 8 AM" service and think that if someone isn't there at the driver will wait and deliver the package at 855, lol. Little do they know that the package will be the last of my NDA attempts around 1025 if they are not there by 800 AM.

We attempt all EAMs by commit time and then will shuttle any that were not delivered to the regular driver for delivery later that day.

Then you get the resi. customers who order Amazon, Zappos, Piperlime, etc NDA and you show up at 530 with their ground crap and the NDA stuff is still sitting there. I guess it wasn't that important, lol!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gee, don';t wanna hear that one ever again, still makes me sick to this day.
Being told to drop off a EAM package to Blockbuster, on my way out , to my rural city, (extra 20 minutes there, 20 minutes back, for me), even though they knew it was closed at 8:20- my eta).
Told sup, he said, just place an info notice at the door.

That I did, and wasted 40 minutes of my own day doing so !
And , it still pisses me off, that if the regular driver would have taken it, they would have gotten it same day... but, me (as out of towner), brought it back, for next day delivery.
And I asked sup about it... so now what, he still won't make 8:30 comment time......Answer : No longer needed... 2nd day, that is waived...

Another example, how we please our customers...
Early AM... turning into next day.. with all the great surcharges !

Keep it up, UPS.. and Fedex will buy you up soon !
(sorry, just makes me mad, how UPS can screw customers, just to have thier own numbers look 100%).

Just not RIGHT !

Any sup worth his salt would have scanned the pkg as closed and then had regular driver deliver it the same day.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
It seems that this thread just keeps growing and growing and growing, right alongside my frustration. We are all well paid professionals that are paid to do a simple task. We all know that we have unethical employees in this company from the bottom up, thats still no excuse for any of us. If my customer wants his NDA there by noon I get it there by noon, I dont bother asking my self the level of importance to them, I just deliver it.

I believe that integrity is still an advantage that we have over FedEx, now we all know where we come up short but beleive me that its 10 times worse there.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I was disqualfied from driving.

bottom line: you need to make seniority dirty, then ride clean and soak up the 12 hour days instead of desperately trying to hang on to some semblance of a normal job and normal life by cutting corners.
I'm glad that you chose not to lose your self worth by stooping low, just to make it as a friend/t driver. I'm sorry you didn't get qualified, Sleeve, and hope you'll talk to the steward and BA about the ridiculous SPORH that they expect from you.

barnyard

KTM rider
This is the exact scenario that I posted about a year ago.

The company my wife works for is a $10 mil+ account. She tracked a package and found that the driver was sheeting NDAs as CL or Mov, then delivering later in the day. She went back in her records and found that it had been happening for months.

She complained as the receiver scheduled the days work received by 10:30, did the work and guaranteed NDA return.

I suggested the driver should be fired for dishonesty and that my wife had a good case to file an interstate fraud case.

I hope the OP does not get his job back.

This kind of stuff costs us accounts.

Big accounts.

hdkappler

:happy2:it sounds like you did it to yourself.i'am retired now.tallk to people who make one third in an hour than ups drivers.one fellow would take your job for the benefits and wouldn't have to pay him time and half till he worked 40hours a week.wish i knew what city you were in send him there to apply.some drivers do that to make extra stops.they should drop bonuses.or dash for the cash.

whiskey

It's always the bad apples who justify their actions by saying "everyone else does it".

It's simply not true. Most of us will take the lumps for doing the job right.
Can you justify a company that cheats on weights and measures which includes most of us? And I'm not being the devil's advocate.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I'm glad that you chose not to lose your self worth by stooping low, just to make it as a friend/t driver. I'm sorry you didn't get qualified, Sleeve, and hope you'll talk to the steward and BA about the ridiculous SPORH that they expect from you.

The steward I spoke with is a former driver and he said that is why he left driving in 2002- the misuse, abuse harrassment of the job.

The rep (overseer of stewards) basically called me an idiot, looked at me funny, for not talking with the center steward. I told him if I filed anything I would have been disqualified so it was a damned if you do, damned if you don't. Plus, the steward in that center is a company suck-up who had something like four 8 hour requests in the 3 weeks I was driving. Anyway, the rep procdeeded to walk away from the convo and havent heard from him since.

The representation here is awful so it wasnt even worth persuing.

One thing I know is that you can't trust this company or the union. Neither have your best interests in mind, so you have to fight for yourself and DO EVERYTHING THE RIGHT WAY NO MATTER WHAT!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Although this is a bogus thread with no OP commentary. The OP needed corrective discipline, not a pink slip. We are so engulfed as drivers with management's "guillotine", that some of the posters here feel that an execution is in order.

A center manager holding a pink slip should be a last resort not a discipline measure. They found out what he did, he admitted thinking he could, and they make sure he never does it again. The shipper should be pissed and I would hope UPS reimbursed them for their sake.

Discipline is to punish and penalize in order to retrain and control. Termination is for throwing out useless garbage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Heff, the OP knew exactly what he was doing and what the implications of his decisions were and fully deserves to lose his job as a result. It's called integrity and that cannot be instilled through discipline.

Raw

Raw Member
Heff, the OP knew exactly what he was doing and what the implications of his decisions were and fully deserves to lose his job as a result. It's called integrity and that cannot be instilled through discipline.
Somebody in NY actually said "integrity "!! No such thing in NY, not even for the baseball team/players/owners/fans!! HA!!! :happy-very: