Record while driving vs late air

PT Car Washer

If you have both ground and air for a stop, and are close to 1030 waiting for a dock, scan a ground pkg first. Yes there's a report for this as well, but, if u scan a ground pkg before 1030, your time stamp is still on time, even if you stop complete after 1030.
Done this many times for a bulk stop and you can not find all your air. Just scan anything to stop the clock. GPS will show you were at the delivery point before 10:31. Re positioning the truck later should not matter as you were on property before the commit time. If your air is that tight maybe the PDS should pull some of your air off.

Done this many times for a bulk stop and you can not find all your air. Just scan anything to stop the clock. GPS will show you were at the delivery point before 10:31. Re positioning the truck later should not matter as you were on property before the commit time. If your air is that tight maybe the PDS should pull some of your air off.
Lmao pull air off? No chance. We are told do the best you can.

StoptheAct1212

As long as your not cheating you have nothibg to worry about.... hell with the report saying about driving and record.... have that air locked in at location and your good... just dont cheat.. you will get busted

PT Car Washer

And you're supposed to verify 30 pieces before you leave.
I showed my driver sup before I left and her only answer was do the best you can. Stopped at my heavy ground stop to get rid of as many packages as I could just to find some of my air stops. Ran what I could find and the rest were late. The route I was running was an AM air route, no ground. Never heard a word about late air.

Dr.Brownz

[QUOTE="PT Car Washer, post: 2360495, member: 45266]

Stopped at my heavy ground stop to get rid of as many packages as I could just to find The route I was running was an AM air route, no ground. d .[/QUOTE]

What happened?!

porkwagon

If you have both ground and air for a stop, and are close to 1030 waiting for a dock, scan a ground pkg first. Yes there's a report for this as well, but, if u scan a ground pkg before 1030, your time stamp is still on time, even if you stop complete after 1030.
Egads! All these hoops! How do we do it? This job has always been demanding with with dumb rules mixed in, but holy Mackerel! When I started we used to deliver and pick up packages!

iruhnman630

As long as your not cheating you have nothibg to worry about.... hell with the report saying about driving and record.... have that air locked in at location and your good... just dont cheat.. you will get busted
The problem is, some d-r-d violations are being questioned as cheating.

iruhnman630

Egads! All these hoops! How do we do it? This job has always been demanding with with dumb rules mixed in, but holy Mackerel! When I started we used to deliver and pick up packages!
When I started, we would get in trouble for NOT cheating....

DR all resis before 10:30...

Scan that last air package before leaving the previous stop...

ChrisTheBrown

The scenario:

You arrive at a dock stop before commit time, but need to wait until after commit time to use the dock.

You can wait for the dock to open, then have late air.

Wrong!

Or you can scan the air before commit time, but show up on the report for driving while recording when you back up to the dock.

Wrong again!!

Which wrong choice do you make?
Personally, if I run into this scenario & only have a few or so air pieces..
I park to the side, 4 ways on, walk the air up & make the delivery..
Come back later when a dock is open to deliver the ground. Sometimes one of the receiving guys will come out & help me load up a cart, so I don't have to bring ground back later.

Personally, if I run into this scenario & only have a few or so air pieces..
I park to the side, 4 ways on, walk the air up & make the delivery..
Come back later when a dock is open to deliver the ground. Sometimes one of the receiving guys will come out & help me load up a cart, so I don't have to bring ground back later.
That is the correct answer.