Red circled??

Airwoman18

Good morning all. In Nov I bid on a Sat air intent sheet. that was awarded to me after peak was over. I went to school the 2nd week of Feb. I haven't driven yet. 2 weeks ago I won a full time driver bid. I've heard different things about being red circled. someone want to explain it to me... thank you...

AlliSeeisBrown

Most common situation is going from a seasonal driver (TCD/RTD) to fulltime. In my particular local, RTD gets $22.24/hr starting. Full Time gets $18.75/hr starting. If I'm a qualified RTD and I go into full time, my rate will be "red circled" at $22.42/hr instead of going down to $18.75. Keyword is "qualified", if you're not qualified (made 30 days) you don't get red circled.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I haven't been on the road yet.maybe wrong language. I'm thinking they are going to wait until summer season. to put me on the road.
red-circle is when your current rate is higher than the progression rate. If you are making over $18.75 now, your rate would be carried over to FT, until the progression step raises are greater than your part-time rate.

Yeah, summer vacations are coming and they're going to need cover drivers for those routes.

AlliSeeisBrown

I haven't been on the road yet.maybe wrong language. I'm thinking they are going to wait until summer season. to put me on the road.

Considering you haven't even driven yet, you won't be red circled at anything. If you end up FT driving, you'll simply start at $18.75 and start the 4 year climb to top rate.

Fastmax

I was a TCD during Christmas and was only making $18.75 an hour. Passed my 30 days and then went back inside part time. How do people start making $22 and change an hour?

brown_trousers

Good morning all. In Nov I bid on a Sat air intent sheet. that was awarded to me after peak was over. I went to school the 2nd week of Feb. I haven't driven yet. 2 weeks ago I won a full time driver bid. I've heard different things about being red circled. someone want to explain it to me... thank you...

A few guys over here have lost grievances for red circling air driving wages. Apparently you can only get red circled at your "primary" wage. Which is the pay rate listed at the top of your paystub.

For part timers, their primary wage is usually their inside wage, not their air driving wage. Sat-air and exception air wages dont get red circled unless that is your primary job

Fastmax

Does anyone know the pay rate for TCDs in the northeast district? Im not a casual and I make $18.75 an hour as a TCD but only drive during free periods.

Rack em

Made the Podium
A few guys over here have lost grievances for red circling air driving wages. Apparently you can only get red circled at your "primary" wage. Which is the pay rate listed at the top of your paystub.

For part timers, their primary wage is usually their inside wage, not their air driving wage. Sat-air and exception air wages dont get red circled unless that is your primary job
Yup, I used to do air exception work as a preloader and eventually hit top rate of $26.24, but when I went to FT driving I started over at $18.75. My other coworker was an air driver for just over 2 years and hit top rate so he got red circled at $26.24 until he hits top rate.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Red X.

20180226_134951.png