PT air driver/red circled in FT?

Fosterbrown78

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find my particular situation. Any help as much appreciated!

I am a PT air driver of 6yrs(non-bid) I also work preload then go drive ground mostly. I am considering FT RPCD or 22.4. 22.4 is more my speed cause I like working earlier..... I am wondering since I went through my 2yr air progression. If I would be red circled going into FT. At my current rate until I pass that rate?
Other facts,, I'm central and I run so much ground I have my 30/120. I don't won't to pull that card but I heard that is another way get a higher start rate! Thanks for the help guys!

542thruNthru

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find my particular situation. Any help as much appreciated!

I am a PT air driver of 6yrs(non-bid) I also work preload then go drive ground mostly. I am considering FT RPCD or 22.4. 22.4 is more my speed cause I like working earlier..... I am wondering since I went through my 2yr air progression. If I would be red circled going into FT. At my current rate until I pass that rate?
Other facts,, I'm central and I run so much ground I have my 30/120. I don't won't to pull that card but I heard that is another way get a higher start rate! Thanks for the help guys!
No

BrownStains

Years ago yes that was the case You got the higher rate if you went to full time from air. With The current contract I’m not sure about . Talk to your steward and look at the contract . You might have to threaten them with grievances

Sixth Punch Sense

That's not really a choice anymore. 22.4 to RPCD is the fabulous new progression.

PT Car Washer

We had a PT EAM driver that waited to go FT until after he made top air rate. Red circled him at his air rate but a lot of other drivers passed him in seniority while he waited.

opie

If you are non-bid, then you are "borrowed"? Which means you may not be redcircled at the top air rate unfortunately. Check where it says on your paycheck, Current Pay Rate. If higher than the 22.4 starting wage. Then you get to keep the higher wage.

Brown Wing

Sandbagger
Does still apply even though air progression is 4 years?
Yes it does, from my BA.

Another question I have is just how protected is my job as a bid air driver(pm)? Hearing rumors of the company trying to eliminate us all together and just have 22.4s do boxes and late pick ups. Should I not get grandfathered in? Or atleast keep my air rate if somehow I do get booted back inside?

Kind of feel caught in the middle with noone looking out for us. Between the company doing their usual :censored2: and the union who gave them these 22.4s I'm a little concerned.

Thefridge

Yes it does, from my BA.

Another question I have is just how protected is my job as a bid air driver(pm)? Hearing rumors of the company trying to eliminate us all together and just have 22.4s do boxes and late pick ups. Should I not get grandfathered in? Or atleast keep my air rate if somehow I do get booted back inside?

Kind of feel caught in the middle with noone looking out for us. Between the company doing their usual * and the union who gave them these 22.4s I'm a little concerned.
Going to be interesting next contract...

opie

I'm going to piggyback this. I am a PT bid air driver who has accepted a 22.3 inside/inside job. I know if I went driving I would keep my air rate. But going inside, I am not as sure. The contract seems to indicate I would be red-circled. But my BA isn't sure. Anyone here has gone from bid air driver to FT inside can shed any light?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210522-102426_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20210522-102426_Drive.jpg
    391.2 KB · Views: 102

iruhnman630

We had a PT EAM driver that waited to go FT until after he made top air rate. Red circled him at his air rate but a lot of other drivers passed him in seniority while he waited.
I did exactly that.

Didn't see a raise for 2 years until the progression passed my air rate.

But things are different now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes it does, from my BA.

Kind of feel caught in the middle with noone looking out for us. Between the company doing their usual * and the union who gave them these 22.4s I'm a little concerned.
You’re gonna have to put your big boy pants on and go full time

nWo

Yes it does, from my BA.

UPS is replacing those air routes with 22.4s.

nWo

Well actually that's true here too. But the feeling is the PM routes aren't going to be around much longer.

PT Car Washer

Well actually that's true here too. But the feeling is the PM routes aren't going to be around much longer.
With Summer vacations coming soon I don't think eliminating PM air routes will be an option. I guess it depends on how many extra delivery drivers your Center has everyday. Could hire more PVD drivers to take up the slack.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
If your current pay rate is higher than the 22.4 start rate, you're red circled in and retain your higher pay rate until the 22.4 progression passes it. Also, if you don't pass qualifying in the 30 days, you'll fall back to your last classification, which is air driver, so they cannot remove that position until you qualify and beco.e permanent in your new bid. Read the contract. Once you went through progression in your classification, you don't go through progression twice as in the next bid.

Commercial Inside Release

Since there are full time & part time air drivers, that probably doesn't apply to the part timers, because part time progression is separate from full time progression, (as are the healthcare & pension.)