Redsox tickets for sale

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Heff,I heard some talk on Boston sports radio recently that they might try to bring back a new Whalers franchise in Hartford.I also heard a Bradley driver mention something on it a while back.Any truth to it,or is it just talk???

A lot of people would love the Whalers back in town. The only problem is with the Hartford Civic Center ( whoops XL center). Outdated and no luxury suites. Do you get the team first then build a new arena ? Or build the arena and pray that a team will come.

The mayor had talks with Commisioner Bettman. Nothing is close but there are a lot of teams in the NHL hurting bad. I know Atlanta and Phoenix are losing money. Plus, who ever moves a team back here would probably have to pay Karmanos (Carolina Hurricane owner , formerly Whalers) for the rights to the Whaler name. Not holding my breath!

backinbrown

respect my authority
I have 2 box seats for sat april 18, @ fenway.

Thanks for the offer but I would rather eat glass.

The I Can Eat Glass Project

Some years ago, one Ethan Mollick created the I Can Eat Glass Project, which he described thus:

The Project is based on the idea that people in a foreign country have an irresistable urge to try to say something in the indigenous tongue. In most cases, however, the best a person can do is "Where is the bathroom?" a phrase that marks them as a tourist. But, if one says "I can eat glass, it doesn't hurt me," you will be viewed as an insane native, and treated with dignity and respect.
:devil3:

Big Babooba

Cove, just to show you how old I am, I used to drive down to Hartford from UMass-Amherst to watch jai-alai.
I used to have a love hate relationship with ZooMass. I used to hate delivering to the dorms, yet I loved seeing the the girls running around in their unmentionables (and sometimes even less!).

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Cove, just to show you how old I am, I used to drive down to Hartford from UMass-Amherst to watch jai-alai.
wow, didn't they also have it in R.I back in early 70's there was a mob connection down in FL with that jai/alai where i think big time mobster Whitey Bulger had the owner whacked & the Patriaca's were involved with th CT or Ri one ..

Covemastah

Maine is getting new b-ball team may be affiliated with the celtics
Think I heard something on that!! Going to any Dogs games this year?? I love how they added the green monstah out in left.I Didn't make it out last yr but I saw Hanley Ramirez just b 4 they traded him last time & David Murphy..Still have my original Seadogs cap fro opening yr 94 or 95 ?? mrlins colors....still wish i had my Maine Guides shirt from summer of 85! I also saw Huey Lewis play at OOB ballpark back in the day...

Covemastah

Heff,I heard some talk on Boston sports radio recently that they might try to bring back a new Whalers franchise in Hartford.I also heard a Bradley driver mention something on it a while back.Any truth to it,or is it just talk???
yeah and the Bruins would probaly try & block them.You remember Derek Sanderson when he played for the Whalers !!!

Big Babooba

I want the Yankee vs Red sux tickets at fenway. I am a yankee fan and my wife is a Red sux fan and we havent been to fenway yet for a game. She would love for me to suprise her with those. I may even get some once in a while if i got them.:funny:
Wankee fan, you married a good woman. Now you have to find a good team - she did.:wink2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
yeah and the Bruins would probaly try & block them.You remember Derek Sanderson when he played for the Whalers !!!

He never played for the Whale. Unless you are thinking of Geoff Sanderson.

I looked up Derek Sanderson on Wikipedia, what a life that guy had !!
Did you know Derek Jeter is named after him !
Jeter's middle name is also Sanderson !

Big Babooba

A lot of people would love the Whalers back in town. The only problem is with the Hartford Civic Center ( whoops XL center). Outdated and no luxury suites. Do you get the team first then build a new arena ? Or build the arena and pray that a team will come.
Picture this scenario: A major snow storm dumps a huge amount of snow and ice on the roof. The structure can't take the load. Right after the place empties out from a basketball game the roof collapses into the arena. What do you do? Rebuild it bigger and better. Hopefully lightening can strike twice in the same place.