Refused to help

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
Btw. Didn't even get called into the office. Just got put on an overdispatched spare.
Let’s be serious You are talking about supervisors. They have so much on their mind that come Monday morning they probably will have forgotten all about it.
I told you! I seen this time and time again. Management is so consumed with the problems of the moment that they don’t remember a problem 2 days ago.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
So I'm a little nervous. Routes have been light the past couple days as casuals have been starting to cover summer vacations. Yesterday I finished really early at 4PM. Took all my breaks and took my time. I messaged and asked if anyone needed help. They had me take some misloads off a driver and deliver them. Before I finished that they were telling me to send a message when I was done to help another driver that was 40 minutes away. I told them that I was all set after this work and wanted to go home and that I had offered to help when I could have just drove in and started my weekend early. I asked them not to make me regret that. Well they replied with a meet point for the driver to take 30 stops which was really a slap in the face. I was fuming. I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous. So I used that against them. Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home. I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working. Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile.
YGBSM

You offered to help and then rescinded it because you had a change of heart that you were entitled to the fast lane to Friday night. We are Teamsters. A light/easy Friday getting out at 5:00P is not guaranteed. Ask any decade+ RPCD on here who hasn’t seen their family since the Bush administration…

ManInBrown

Let’s be serious You are talking about supervisors. They have so much on their mind that come Monday morning they probably will have forgotten all about it. Whatever problem there was Friday that problem is long gone and taken care of. By the time you get there Monday morning their minds will already be scattered by Monday morning problems and Friday will be a forgotten memory. If you just go in there Lay low and start your route they probably will never say nothing to you. Lesson learned…. You got home a few hours earlier Friday but how much did you enjoy the whole weekend thinking about what might be going to happen Monday morning? Please let us know how this turns out for you.
100% correct. I’d be shocked if they said one word to him this morning about what happened Friday. They probably won’t even remember. They will be busy dealing with Monday mornings problems. Doesn’t change the fact that he acted like a scared little kid when they said see a sup when you get in. I’m nauseous? Really? And it also doesn’t change the fact that sending a message asking if anyone needs help is one of the dumbest things you can do. Night OMS’s have steel trap minds. They will never forget that this driver volunteered to help someone. He will be their go to driver everyday when they need someone with a pulse to go help another driver. It’s beyond idiotic to send that message in.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I'm a little nervous. Routes have been light the past couple days as casuals have been starting to cover summer vacations. Yesterday I finished really early at 4PM. Took all my breaks and took my time. I messaged and asked if anyone needed help. They had me take some misloads off a driver and deliver them. Before I finished that they were telling me to send a message when I was done to help another driver that was 40 minutes away. I told them that I was all set after this work and wanted to go home and that I had offered to help when I could have just drove in and started my weekend early. I asked them not to make me regret that. Well they replied with a meet point for the driver to take 30 stops which was really a slap in the face. I was fuming. I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous. So I used that against them. Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home. I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working. Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile.
The lack of respect.

ROTFLMFAO ago find another job if you want respect.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was actually feeling nauseous and went in. I don't care if it was because I was pissed at them or not. If I'm nauseous I'm coming in. Btw. Didn't even get called into the office. Just got put on an overdispatched spare. All of y'all who have a problem with what I did you're probably in management and like to take advantage of people yourselves.
You had a number of die hard union guys including stewards telling you how bad you messed up. With this attitude you’ll certainly be fired eventually.

Work as directed is a very simple term you better learn to follow.

542thruNthru

You had a number of die hard union guys including stewards telling you how bad you messed up. With this attitude you’ll certainly be fired eventually.

Work as directed is a very simple term you better learn to follow.
Don't talk to @BrownTruckWannabe like that! He'll start feeling nauseous and will need a safe space to calm himself.

He came here because he was worried about getting in trouble because he obviously knew he screwed up. Then when people tell him he screwed up and shouldn't do it in the future suddenly we are all management.

SMH

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Don't talk to @BrownTruckWannabe like that! He'll start feeling nauseous and will need a safe space to calm himself.

He came here because he was worried about getting in trouble because he obviously knew he screwed up. Then when people tell him he screwed up and shouldn't do it in the future suddenly we are all management.

SMH
This is the new school. It worries me.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I knew that joke would be too smart for you New Jersey.
64ADC34D-481B-403E-B45E-24573446E462.gif

BB5659C4-16B2-4D42-B469-62C10BF140D5.gif

BB5659C4-16B2-4D42-B469-62C10BF140D5.gif

65AD413B-6BC4-47E0-A2D2-66FDDE76A258.gif

E5CF8CE7-0113-46FF-B11B-354C87A32C85.gif

J.D. Hogg

NEVER volunteer to do anything.
You'll forever be a doormat.
Remember, you mean nothing to management.

Shiftless

Every time I come on here I remember how superior some of you all think you are. Like you never did anything questionable during your career.
I haven't seen anyone post they are superior than others in any serious way? Many think they are a great driver. Some think they are a great employee! SOME can't even give a good explanation how they lasted this long!

BUT Some, play cards!

Curious what card you played?