Refused to help

542thruNthru

I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous.
Lol! Wow
So I used that against them. Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home. I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working. Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile.
Refusing to see your sup when you got in because you're too sick and nauseous... Did you go to the doctor immediately after you got off? I guarantee you if they fire you for insubordination they'll ask that question when you grieve it. When you say no. They will say "but you were even to sick and nauseous to talk to your sup, you didn't think you should go to the doctor!?"

You'll probably be fine but you need to learn to control your emotions.

Non sequitur

I really don't see why the dispatch software can't adjust for situations like this. And if all the drivers knew this out of the gate it wouldn't be so much animosity or feelings of not being fair.

Send a message out around 11:00 a.m. saying hey we know your light we're going to need your help a little later.

Give every driver at least one Mulligan a month.

This company is so into statistics and compares, why not just balance the load and keep the human factor out of it?

Shiftless

So I'm a little nervous. Routes have been light the past couple days as casuals have been starting to cover summer vacations. Yesterday I finished really early at 4PM. Took all my breaks and took my time. I messaged and asked if anyone needed help. They had me take some misloads off a driver and deliver them. Before I finished that they were telling me to send a message when I was done to help another driver that was 40 minutes away. I told them that I was all set after this work and wanted to go home and that I had offered to help when I could have just drove in and started my weekend early. I asked them not to make me regret that. Well they replied with a meet point for the driver to take 30 stops which was really a slap in the face. I was fuming. I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous. So I used that against them. Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home. I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working. Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile.
Lets play this "OUT LOUD" so we can understand your post feelings in your thread!

“So I'm a little nervous.”

You should be VERY NERVOUS”

“Took all my breaks and took my time”.

Key words here “TOOK MY TIME”

“I messaged and asked if anyone needed help”.

Feeling generous or guilty for the ”TOOK MY TIME" today”?

“They had me take some misloads off a driver and deliver them. Before I finished that they were telling me to send a message when I was done to help another driver that was 40 minutes away. I told them that I was all set after this work and wanted to go home and that I had offered to help when I could have just drove in and started my weekend early”.

Awe, you wanted to come early on a Friday so did every other driver!

“I asked them not to make me regret that”.

So now you throw your big threat out to them? That’s all you got?

“Well they replied with a meet point for the driver to take 30 stops which was really a slap in the face”.

Ouch an almost real face slap!

“I was fuming”.

WOW fuming, must have been terrible!

“I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous”.
Blatant lack of respect and nausea quickly rushes in, the horror.

“So I used that against them.”

Sounds so direct and to the point. Probably overwhelmed their emotional state!

Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home”.

Going home when given a direct order. Grande Huevo’s!

“I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working.

"Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile”

You even know you screwed up! Refused to work as directed. All because you wanted to start your weekend.

I’m guessing the guys you took stops off were wanting to do the same thing. Hope you didn’t didn’t have to agonize over your explanation of how rough your day was and that you "TOOK YOUR TIME"?

YUP! You better hope they show mercy! You didn’t say you went to the Dr. or for any real medical care! You are most likely in BIG TROUBLE! Maybe Fired for refusing to work as directed by checking in with your sup as you were told!

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
So I'm a little nervous. Routes have been light the past couple days as casuals have been starting to cover summer vacations. Yesterday I finished really early at 4PM. Took all my breaks and took my time. I messaged and asked if anyone needed help. They had me take some misloads off a driver and deliver them. Before I finished that they were telling me to send a message when I was done to help another driver that was 40 minutes away. I told them that I was all set after this work and wanted to go home and that I had offered to help when I could have just drove in and started my weekend early. I asked them not to make me regret that. Well they replied with a meet point for the driver to take 30 stops which was really a slap in the face. I was fuming. I was so upset by the blatant lack of respect and common courtesy that it literally made me nauseous. So I used that against them. Told them I was feeling sick and was coming in right away. They told me to see my sup before punching out. I said I was feeling nauseous and we can talk in the morning. I'm going home. I'm guessing I will be in the office Monday morning. I'm sticking with I was sick and nauseous and felt it unsafe to continue working. Should I be worried about discipline? I know I should have known better to offer to help. You give an inch and they take a mile.
Let’s be serious You are talking about supervisors. They have so much on their mind that come Monday morning they probably will have forgotten all about it. Whatever problem there was Friday that problem is long gone and taken care of. By the time you get there Monday morning their minds will already be scattered by Monday morning problems and Friday will be a forgotten memory. If you just go in there Lay low and start your route they probably will never say nothing to you. Lesson learned…. You got home a few hours earlier Friday but how much did you enjoy the whole weekend thinking about what might be going to happen Monday morning? Please let us know how this turns out for you.

Last edited:

BrownTruckWannabe

I was actually feeling nauseous and went in. I don't care if it was because I was pissed at them or not. If I'm nauseous I'm coming in. Btw. Didn't even get called into the office. Just got put on an overdispatched spare. All of y'all who have a problem with what I did you're probably in management and like to take advantage of people yourselves.

I could really use your help that day....

charm299

Next time just crap on yourself and show them your drawers, tell them u had diarrhea, that won’t ask again, believe me