Regarding memorial day

Hey guys,

One of the supervisors told me today that we lost most of our holidays in the new contract an that it's mandatory that we work on memorial day, can anyone tell me if that is true. I work Sunday-Thurs day shift. We were given sunday off but monday we have to work.

Thank you :happy-very:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Hey guys,

One of the supervisors told me today that we lost most of our holidays in the new contract an that it's mandatory that we work on memorial day, can anyone tell me if that is true. I work Sunday-Thurs day shift. We were given sunday off but monday we have to work.

He might have to come in but you dont.

upschuck

Labor Day is the only day they can't make you come in. This is the same as always. All others are still holidays, but can make you work.

Pay varies from region to region, from 1.5x to, what I think I've heard before, 3x normal pay.

Thanks guys. That ups holiday is helpful but it says closed for Easter but we had to work it..I know its double pay but I would like at least one holiday off since the Sunday holidays we have to work so that's why I was asking.

govols019

You smell that?
Hey guys,

Your holiday is observed Sunday...you work Monday.

I been at ups over 10 years also so I'm not a newbie, it's the communication that is not that good so I hear all different stories that's why I was asking about the holiday's.

listen bakersmayfield, We have a new contract an I know that we have off. I'm just asking because we are off Sunday an they said Monday its double time however I was told by a supervisor that allot of our holidays were taken away with our new contract but i also know was told it was optional then mandated that is why I was asking.

Rack em

Made the Podium
listen bakersmayfield, We have a new contract an I know that we have off. I'm just asking because we are off Sunday an they said Monday its double time however I was told by a supervisor that allot of our holidays were taken away with our new contract but i also know was told it was optional then mandated that is why I was asking.
Check your supplement and find out instead if listening to your supervisor who will tell you whatever he wants to make you think he's right. If they do make you work a holiday it should be offered top down, forced bottom up, but again check the supplement language.

Check your supplement and find out instead if listening to your supervisor who will tell you whatever he wants to make you think he's right. If they do make you work a holiday it should be offered top down, forced bottom up, but again check the supplement language.

Thank you so much!

Well, you got answers and insults. Don't feel bad, happens to everyone. And I would also advise you not to take management's word about contract issues. Ask which article they are referencing.

Lol thank you. This is my first post. I asked around everyone has a different answer, so I thought i would come on here and asked. I'll just call the union rep. Memorial day has a special place in my heart so if it isn't mandatory I really don't want to work it. Thank you for your kindness.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Lol thank you. This is my first post. I asked around everyone has a different answer, so I thought i would come on here and asked. I'll just call the union rep. Memorial day has a special place in my heart so if it isn't mandatory I really don't want to work it. Thank you for your kindness.

It is my understanding that they can make us work most holidays, but simply must pay extra for work done on the actual holiday. And if the holiday falls on a day that you aren't already scheduled to work, they don't have to give you a day off, but do have to pay you for the holiday. At least that's how it works in my neck of the woods.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Be thankful you get Sunday, I'm Tues-Sat and we don't get any extra days off on Mon holidays, just the holiday pay and thus opportunity for a nice check. Is it what it is, not worth a fight at this point in both mine and I'm guessing op's careers