Regarding supervisor working.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
The reason why the sups numbers are unattainable though is because they shaft themselves by working. "Hey, suchnsuch sup made his numbers with one less person. He must not need that extra one. Adjust your planning minus one employee." I applaud a manager telling his sups to not touch packages to keep the employees accountable. They live in the real world numbers. The guys who hop in and work are making things worse for themselves and the employees.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I gotta tell you I am not at all impressed with your posting style. You were rude to Tooner in another thread and have been nothing but confrontational in just about all of your 49 posts. It is possible to get your point across and not be an ass while doing so. Just sayin'.

...and the word is their, not there...
I appreciate your support. Us oldsters got to keep this place turning, til Christmas. Then file away when they screw up. We are Christmas.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I understand and appreciate everyone's points on this thread of which all are valid to some extent.

I do think one point that has not been mentioned (maybe I missed it) is that the reason they jump in and help is because they care.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I understand and appreciate everyone's points on this thread of which all are valid to some extent.

I do think one point that has not been mentioned (maybe I missed it) is that the reason they jump in and help is because they care.
I agree, it is inate in the ups person. Its almost like the old comraderie is back, if only for peak. The bosses dont want to work til 9 and they are. Sitting in the office looking at projections, trying to staff for tomorrow, etc. And actually telling us, if it aint safe dont do it, its only cardboard, its not a life , its not worth it. Wonderful to hear. We have 2 more days and I plan to deliver Christmas. Mine will be after the 1st when I am with my family, for now its all about them, because I care.
After that, Ill be obnoxious like the rest.

BrownNinjaz

In here, the supervisor break jams when they aren't supposed to. They also load sometimes.. just a bit. My supervisor works very hard because it gets stuck all the time in his area. My full-time sup is pretty cool. He loads sometime and does bulk. He's not a bad guy

In here, the supervisor break jams when they aren't supposed to. They also load sometimes.. just a bit. My supervisor works very hard because it gets stuck all the time in his area. My full-time sup is pretty cool. He loads sometime and does bulk. He's not a bad guy
If your sup is working he's a scab.

Gazelle

Race me!
Peak here has been pretty crazy, many of my loaders have 1500-2000 pieces a night, and I can see that they are physically exhausted. I have guys asking me every night for help. I move people around to pull cages, and anything I can do to make their days easier. I will do almost all of the add-cuts just to give them a break.

I threw production out the window this year and my FT sup had a meltdown when I told him I can't hold my people to this standard anymore. My box line has about 60 routes on a full day... (21,000 pieces) And we were averaging 10 misloads a day. My center manager had my back and told my FT sup to back off... Paying the drivers for delivering misloads was much more expensive than having a newbie loading an extra hour... I still feel the heat for production but I feel my misloads are more important than pushing for production

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Peak here has been pretty crazy, many of my loaders have 1500-2000 pieces a night, and I can see that they are physically exhausted. I have guys asking me every night for help. I move people around to pull cages, and anything I can do to make their days easier. I will do almost all of the add-cuts just to give them a break.

I threw production out the window this year and my FT sup had a meltdown when I told him I can't hold my people to this standard anymore. My box line has about 60 routes on a full day... (21,000 pieces) And we were averaging 10 misloads a day. My center manager had my back and told my FT sup to back off... Paying the drivers for delivering misloads was much more expensive than having a newbie loading an extra hour... I still feel the heat for production but I feel my misloads are more important than pushing for production

Resume updated?