Rehires and transfers? Looking to hear about your experiences and get some input

bigburper

I hope to move out of state in the next ~6 months. I've loaded at my hub for about 3 years now, so in the ideal scenario I manage to get on with the UPS hub that'll be present in the city I'm moving to. I'm curious to hear from those of you that have either transferred (schooling, military spouse, etc), or simply quit at your location and re-applied after moving. What was your experience like?

Since a lot of colleges have gone as virtual as possible, I'm not sure I'll be able to use college courses as a reason to just transfer my job from here to there. Do any of you know if higher-ups would take that into account if I tried to tell them I got accepted to a school in another state?

Barring that, my best bet will be to just start over at the building in my new city. Have any of you gone through this? What sorts of things can I do to get my chance of being rehired as close to 100% as possible? Are there any pitfalls you can think of for me to avoid? Does UPS even do physical interviews for loading/unloading positions anymore, or has that gone virtual? I'm sure it's a pipe dream, but I'd like to have the job waiting for me upon moving out, or as close to it as possible. Gotta make rent and all that so as little downtime between one job and the next is a must.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Like he said try the education. Give your 2 weeks if there is no hope for the transfer. If you quit or stop showing up before your 2 weeks is up then they might add you on a no rehire status.