Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
The 9/11 bombers would equate Americans with Nazis, deserving of death. The morality would depend on where you stand.
There you go.
You're getting it.
Right or wrong depends on you... So you agree that the muslins that kill infidels, because they BELIEVE it's right, then that is what makes it right

Everyone is a law to themselves. If you think and believe it's right.. then it is!!! What a wonderful world we live in!

It will be fine

There you go.
You're getting it.
Right or wrong depends on you... So you agree that the muslins that kill infidels, because they BELIEVE it's right, then that is what makes it right

Everyone is a law to themselves. If you think and believe it's right.. then it is!!! What a wonderful world we live in!
What’s your alternative?

BrownFlush

Are you saying she's as stupid as you are?

You said you believe in moral objectivitism then said morals are subjective.

I called you out and you threw your wife under the bus.

Sad.
You have nothing.
You would recognize sarcasm if you actually followed the convo.
Ttku or shut up. You add nothing.

BrownFlush

I don’t follow that conclusion. How do you get there?
If everyone is a law to themselves, you cannot look at someone that YOU believe has done something wrong and say to them, " That is wrong." On what basis could you say that if what THEY have done in THEIRS eyes is not wrong?
Necessary or forced conclusion? There can never be a violation of wrong or right or there is a universal standard (law) of wrong and right.

It will be fine

If everyone is a law to themselves, you cannot look at someone that YOU believe has done something wrong and say to them, " That is wrong." On what basis could you say that if what THEY have done in THEIRS eyes is not wrong?
Necessary or forced conclusion? There can never be a violation of wrong or right or there is a universal standard (law) of wrong and right.
So does your universal standard account for circumstances or not? If it does, then wouldn’t that make it subjective?

BrownArmy

The point was in my comment.
You have placed killing (murder) as a violation of law (or whatever and wherever you put it) as universal. For all time ,for all people, for every situation.
Why is this NOT subjective and say lying is? Why is killing OBVIOUS? Because you want it to be? Because lying isn't so bad and murder is? Because society and or culture (depending on which side of the river you live on) decided?

I suppose you could make a distinction between murder and killing.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
I don’t follow that conclusion. How do you get there?
Actually it’s pretty simple when comparing the basics of religions. I think most have a code similar to the Ten Commandments that an honest secular humanist or agnostic could fairly easily find acceptable.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Where do your morals come from?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Actually it’s pretty simple when comparing the basics of religions. I think most have a code similar to the Ten Commandments that an honest secular humanist or agnostic could fairly easily find acceptable.

Agreed. Almost all religions have a similar code. It's following the code that seems to be the problem.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There you go.
You're getting it.

What would Jesus say?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Whatever culture, society, or country I'm living in.
Whatever the people around me have decided, but of coarse can change what has been decided as right or wrong in the past.
It's all subjective and relative . SMH

You're not interested. Shut up.
More dodging.
You got nothing!
Pathetic.
LMFAO!

Status
Not open for further replies.