Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King

BrownFlush

BrownFlush

The scriptures offer a pattern for human conduct.
The New Testament is not designed to be a Book of "thou shalts" and "thou shalt nots"; but there are no circumstances that we face which are not covered in it. The Bible offers a clear voice. It contains "present truth" for "such a time as this." We are told that the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared unto all men; "teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world." And note again, what Peter wrote; "according as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Secular Humanism is a religion.
Check it out. You are "religious" and don't know it.

No, it's a philosophy. Ever take Philosophy? There is no deity, no gatherings of like minded believers, or some holy book that purports to have the answers.

Good try. You'd like for it to be a religion, but it simply isn't.

BrownFlush

No, it's a philosophy. Ever take Philosophy? There is no deity, no gatherings of like minded believers, or some holy book that purports to have the answers.

Good try. You'd like for it to be a religion, but it simply isn't.
I don't care if it is or isn't a religion.
But I beg to differ . It is a religion. Just a philosophy? Every single reilgion in existance is a philosophy, secular humanism is a religion in the same way budhism is, it is non-theistic, but it is also anti-supernaturalism.
Just becuase it doesnt have a church or anything like that doesnt mean it is not a religion.
Seuclar Humanism is the non-supernatural appraoch to life.

You didn't answer the first test question.. This is only a test
"We affirm that moral values derive their source from human experience. Ethics is autonomous and situational, needing no theological or ideological sanction"
Agree or disagree?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I don't care if it is or isn't a religion.
But I beg to differ . It is a religion. Just a philosophy? Every single reilgion in existance is a philosophy, secular humanism is a religion in the same way budhism is, it is non-theistic, but it is also anti-supernaturalism.
Just becuase it doesnt have a church or anything like that doesnt mean it is not a religion..
Seuclar Humanism is the non-supernatural appraoch to life.

You didn't answer the first test question.. This is only a test

Since there is no God or "gods", you've answered your own question. All ethics and morals come from man. That said, it still isn't a religion.

BrownFlush

Since there is no God or "gods", you've answered your own question. All ethics and morals come from man. That said, it still isn't a religion.
You have answered the first question in the Humanist Manifesto in the affirmative .

"We believe, however, that traditional dogmatic or authoritarian religions that place revelation, God, ritual, or creed above human needs and experience do a disservice to the human species . . . . We find insufficient evidence for belief in the existence of a supernatural, it is either meaningless or irrelevant to the question of the survival and fulfillment of the human race. As non-theists, we begin with humans, not God, nature not deity . . . . But we can discover no divine purpose or providence for the human species . . . . No deity will save us, we must save ourselves . . . . Promises of immortal salvation or fear of eternal damnation are both illusory and harmful . . . . There is no credible evidence that life survives the death of the body"
Would you affirm or deny this?
If your not interested, no biggy, you don't have to play, thought you might really like to know if you are a Licentist or a Secular Humanist .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You have answered the first question in the Humanist Manifesto in the affirmative .

"We believe, however, that traditional dogmatic or authoritarian religions that place revelation, God, ritual, or creed above human needs and experience do a disservice to the human species . . . . We find insufficient evidence for belief in the existence of a supernatural, it is either meaningless or irrelevant to the question of the survival and fulfillment of the human race. As non-theists, we begin with humans, not God, nature not deity . . . . But we can discover no divine purpose or providence for the human species . . . . No deity will save us, we must save ourselves . . . . Promises of immortal salvation or fear of eternal damnation are both illusory and harmful . . . . There is no credible evidence that life survives the death of the body"
If your not interested, no biggy, you don't have to play, thought you might really like to know if you are a Licentist or a Secular Humanist .

Neither. The Licentist was just a spoof. I'm also not a Secular Humanist, which is what you want me to admit for your purposes. I'm fine with whatever anyone wants to believe, except I think they're wasting their time. So are Secular Humanists, because we are doomed. The Orange One is the sign of the real End of Times.

My wife is Catholic, and I'm absolutely fine with it. She loves me anyway, even though I think the way I do about religion.

El Correcto

god is dead

Oh boy another Easter worshipper here to spread his non sense.

BrownFlush

Neither. The Licentist was just a spoof. I'm also not a Secular Humanist, which is what you want me to admit for your purposes. I'm fine with whatever anyone wants to believe, except I think they're wasting their time. So are Secular Humanists, because we are doomed. The Orange One is the sign of the real End of Times.

My wife is Catholic, and I'm absolutely fine with it. She loves me anyway, even though I think the way I do about religion.
I really don't have a motive for you to admit a thing.
The orange one ..what? He is the sign of the beginning of great times! 1 Brown Flush 2:14
Anyway..you don't have to be doomed. You're already in hell working for Fred.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I really don't have a motive for you to admit a thing.
The orange one? The nuke thing or Trump? lol..wait .. Camp David..Orange ...Trump..I liked it.
Anyway..you don't have to be doomed. You're already in hell working for Fred.

I quit FedEx, so I'm out of that Hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.