Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
She hates him more than me, and that's hard to do.
Just a side note..
"Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" --James 1:27
The God who you don't believe exist, is well pleased with what you are doing with the kids. Not many step up and do that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Just a side note..
"Pure and undefiled religion before our God and Father is this: to care for orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" --James 1:27
The God who you don't believe exist, is well pleased with what you are doing with the kids. Not many step up and do that.

Are you referring to my adopted kids? I'm well pleased by them, and they're the best thing that ever happened to me. If there is a God, I'm happy He's happy.

BrownFlush

58576536_2200801850036108_3393806547967541248_n.jpg

BrownFlush

Since Church refers to Christians ... I'm going with Christianity.
church is from the greek word ekklesia
ekk is called lesia is out..called out
the word is not a particular "religious" word..a riotous mob in Ephesus in Acts 19.. the "assembly "( same word)was confused..
Christians are"followers of Christ " ..first called that in Antioch ( Acts 11:26)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
church is from the greek word ekklesia
ekk is called lesia is out..called out
the word is not a particular "religious" word..a riotous mob in Ephesus in Acts 19.. the "assembly "( same word)was confused..
Christians are"followers of Christ " ..first called that in Antioch ( Acts 11:26)
And in an idiomatic translation from the 21st century ... Churches are the buildings in which Christians hold their services.
In the idioms of 1st century, ekklesia referred to the gatherings of people for the purpose of worship.

BrownFlush

As is a group of early Christians meeting outside or in a rich person's house.
The key or pertinent point is that early Christians used the word ekklesia to refer to a group of people ... not a building.
"The "assembly" (ekklesia) was confused"-Acts 19..the riotous mob was "called out" to protest the preaching of the gospel
"Upon this rock (Peter's confession) I will build my church (ekklesia) Mt 16:18
ekklesia..called out
Called out of what for what?
Christians are ''called out" of the world to serve Jesus Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.