Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Is all that you posted the burden we as Christians bear or a cross to nail others to?
"All" that I posted appears to be scripture. As a Christian, scripture is the last "burden" I "bare". I love the truth.
or
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
If it "nails" you. The response and reaction is up to you.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Of coarse I am.

You run from everything but never stop running your mouth... @DriveInDriveOut ..A Hebrewism that means "All mouth and the rest ass"
In 1 Timothy 1:8, Paul wrote, "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully."
Man cannot establish his own righteousness, and anyone who thinks that he can and seeks to do so is really "ignorant of God's righteousness" as the apostle Paul says.
From Deuteronomy 4-6.
The Law is the veritable word of God. The law is the "commandments of God" (4:2), his statutes and judgments (4: 1). The law is not the invention of men, even good men such as Moses. The law is the word of God.
The Law should be strictly followed. "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you" (4:2). "Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left" (5:32).
Man shows wisdom and understanding when he walks in obedience to the Law. "Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations" (4:6).
God drew near to Israel by giving her the Law. "For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for. And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?" (4:7-8).
Obedience to the Law comes from love for God. "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart .
It's clear also from the reference of our Lord to this command, that the law and the Gospel do not differ as an outward and carnal service from an inward and spiritual one. Love holds the same prominence in both, but the gospel gives new and peculiar motives to enforce this love.
One demonstrates his love for God by his obedience to the Lord's law.
This law was given for man's good. "And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us" (6:24-25)
These things "written for our learning" (Rom.15:4)and have brought us to the "law of Christ" (1Cor.9:21) which all men are under regardless if you appeal to it or not
When Jesus confronted the Pharisees who rejected the revealed word of God in order to cling to their traditions, he boldly proclaimed that their spirit was the spirit of rebellion which separated man from his God. He stated what the traditions of men do:
1. Cause men to lay aside the commandments of God (Mk. 7:8).
2. Cause men to reject the commandments of God (Mk.7:9).
3. Make the word of God of none effect (Mk. 7:13).
4. Cause men to transgress the commandments of God (Matt. 15:3).
You used all those words to dodge the question of where you think your morals come from.

You're pathetic.

Box Ox

Good News
The Gospel
Jesus Christ came to save sinners
He's Alive and I'm Forgiven
John 6: 35- 40
And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Of coarse I am.

You run from everything but never stop running your mouth... @DriveInDriveOut ..A Hebrewism that means "All mouth and the rest ass"
In 1 Timothy 1:8, Paul wrote, "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully."
Man cannot establish his own righteousness, and anyone who thinks that he can and seeks to do so is really "ignorant of God's righteousness" as the apostle Paul says.
From Deuteronomy 4-6.
The Law is the veritable word of God. The law is the "commandments of God" (4:2), his statutes and judgments (4: 1). The law is not the invention of men, even good men such as Moses. The law is the word of God.
The Law should be strictly followed. "Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish ought from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the Lord your God which I command you" (4:2). "Ye shall observe to do therefore as the Lord your God hath commanded you: ye shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left" (5:32).
Man shows wisdom and understanding when he walks in obedience to the Law. "Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations" (4:6).
God drew near to Israel by giving her the Law. "For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the Lord our God is in all things that we call upon him for. And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?" (4:7-8).
Obedience to the Law comes from love for God. "Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord. And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart .
It's clear also from the reference of our Lord to this command, that the law and the Gospel do not differ as an outward and carnal service from an inward and spiritual one. Love holds the same prominence in both, but the gospel gives new and peculiar motives to enforce this love.
One demonstrates his love for God by his obedience to the Lord's law.
This law was given for man's good. "And the Lord commanded us to do all these statutes, to fear the Lord our God, for our good always, that he might preserve us alive, as it is at this day. And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded us" (6:24-25)
These things "written for our learning" (Rom.15:4)and have brought us to the "law of Christ" (1Cor.9:21) which all men are under regardless if you appeal to it or not
When Jesus confronted the Pharisees who rejected the revealed word of God in order to cling to their traditions, he boldly proclaimed that their spirit was the spirit of rebellion which separated man from his God. He stated what the traditions of men do:
1. Cause men to lay aside the commandments of God (Mk. 7:8).
2. Cause men to reject the commandments of God (Mk.7:9).
3. Make the word of God of none effect (Mk. 7:13).
4. Cause men to transgress the commandments of God (Matt. 15:3).

"All" that I posted appears to be scripture. As a Christian, scripture is the last "burden" I "bare". I love the truth.
or
Hebrews 4:12 "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it pierces even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow. It judges the thoughts and intentions of the heart."
If it "nails" you. The response and reaction is up to you.

Zzzzzzzzzzz

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
You used all those words to dodge the question of where you think your morals come from.

You're pathetic.
Those words are no dodge. It's in there.
Like I said, I don't think I know where my morals come from, I know where they come from.

Pathetic? Maybe, but I'm not miserable .

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Secular Humanism is a religion.
Check it out. You are "religious" and don't know it.

I'm not a secular humanist either. I reject all religions and accept the fact that everyone is free to believe whatever they want. Me, I worship license plates, that's my religion. So, I'm not a secular humanist. I'm a Licentist.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.