Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
They all rape kids. The Catholics just got the most publicity for it. I’m still going to side against any organization, and whatever else they stand for, that rapes kids, call me crazy.
So a kid raper( hypocrite/ pedophile ) justifies you being an atheist?
What about a liar, an adulterer, a thief ? Pick your sin. Big sin, little sin. Public or private. Meet the conditions God has set and it will be forgiven by Him.

Atheist do not like conditions or discussing consequences of their behavior. I know atheist who are hypocrites because they lie about the real reason they don't WANT to believe in God.

It will be fine

So a kid raper( hypocrite/ pedophile ) justifies you being an atheist?
What about a liar, an adulterer, a thief ? Pick your sin. Big sin, little sin. Public or private. Meet the conditions God has set and it will be forgiven by Him.

Atheist do not like conditions or discussing consequences of their behavior. I know atheist who are hypocrites because they lie about the real reason they don't WANT to believe in God.
That’s the problem. The church forgave the rapists and sent them on to another town to continue raping. The church and its teachings allowed for plentiful child rape. I’m not going to follow a belief structure that has those results.

BrownFlush

An unanswerable question. So, where did God come from?
By not answering you're admitting it can't and you know it.
If you affirm it can, you're an idiot
God is not physical. The physical have a beginning and an end.
God is a Spirit ( John 4:24 ) Eternal ..He has no beginning or end.
Hard to wrap your mind around it but its easy admitting all the evidence of the creation and design demands a Creator and a designer.

Look around. It all came from nothing? LOL.
" The fool has said there is no God" --Proverbs 14:12. I can SEE why.
I ain't no fool.

BrownFlush

That’s the problem. The church forgave the rapists and sent them on to another town to continue raping. The church and its teachings allowed for plentiful child rape. I’m not going to follow a belief structure that has those results.
The church? Belief structure?
Do you think God approves of what you stated?
Stop using that excuse.
The church is full of hypocrites even in high places.
There's room for one more hypocrite if you come.

floridays

Legitimate question,
Who abused you?

It will be fine

The church? Belief structure?
Do you think God approves of what you stated?
Stop using that excuse.
The church is full of hypocrites even in high places.
There's room for one more hypocrite if you come.
They weren’t being hypocritical. They were living what they preach with forgiveness resulting in crazy amounts of child rape. I don’t believe in god so I don’t really consider if he approves of it. See, you don’t really grok atheism.

BrownFlush

They weren’t being hypocritical. They were living what they preach with forgiveness resulting in crazy amounts of child rape. I don’t believe in god so I don’t really consider if he approves of it. See, you don’t really grok atheism.
I grok atheism ..trust me.
Live it up.
Be honest with your self to a least admit the real reason you don't .

BrownFlush

That's a problem. No doubt.
But it's not your problem as to why you do not believe in God.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Your conclusion after thinking it through ?
There are good fathers and bad ones.
There is only one perfect one.

I'm not afraid of my father. He's an excellent man and has always been an exemplary Dad. I respect and love him because of that, not because he threatened me with destruction if I failed to obey him.

The God you describe doesn't sound particularly loving, understanding, or forgiving.

My Dad is all 3, and much more.

BrownArmy

I’m always amused that believers insist on placing their structure of belief onto atheists.

Atheism is a lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.

Atheism isn’t a Religion, please.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

I'm not afraid of my father. He's an excellent man and has always been an exemplary Dad. I respect and love him because of that, not because he threatened me with destruction if I failed to obey him.
You miss.
I'm not afraid of God.
I don't serve Him out of fear.
You missed the part about how much as a father you appreciate and love your children when they do what you want them to do because your will is more important to them than their own. Same concept.
His will. Not mine. Why? I love Him.
The God you describe doesn't sound particularly loving, understanding, or forgiving.
The God that is described in Scripture loved and understood you enough to give His own Son a sacrifice for someone as unworthy as yourself so you can have forgiveness. Would you sacrifice and allow someone to murder your innocent son for someone who is guilty?
Not particularly loving, understanding, or forgiving? ok
My Dad is all 3, and much more.
Wonder where being a Dad like that originated from?

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Atheism is a lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.
I'll go with less.
Atheism isn’t a Religion, please.
Almost all atheists claim that. Since there is no God, their own worldview is not a religion. It's a non belief. Nothing more , nothing less.
One of the definitions of religion ..Merriam-Webster Dictionary “a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith."
Atheism fits that definition, and just by what you can read on this forum, atheist are pretty fired up about their faith system.

BrownArmy

I'll go with less.

Almost all atheists claim that. Since there is no God, their own worldview is not a religion. It's a non belief. Nothing more , nothing less.
One of the definitions of religion ..Merriam-Webster Dictionary “a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith."
Atheism fits that definition, and just by what you can read on this forum, atheist are pretty fired up about their faith system.

How does the Merriam-Webster definition square the idea of absolute lack of belief?

Hint, it doesn’t.

And screw you for dragging me back into this absolute morass of a conversation, I said I bounced: and yet here I am schooling you, cause it was necessary.

Anyway, no matter how much you try, you won’t be able to square the circle of your belief with the circle of non-belief.

It would be similar to me trying to get you to go Buddhist, or Hindu, or Episcopalian, with me backing it up with ‘scripture’.

Which scripture?

I take the good from ten religions and reject the bad.

Believe what you want to believe, no ones stopping you.

But, I simply lack belief, and that doesn’t make me religious.

Lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.