Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
"Then the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might" -- 2 Thessalonians 1: 7-9

He sounds really friendly. I think I'm doomed to eternal destruction for banging all those young harlots when I was younger.

Seriously, it's passages like these that turn people off from religion. He sounds like an angry, vengeful God, not one of love and understanding.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
He sounds really friendly. I think I'm doomed to eternal destruction for banging all those young harlots when I was younger.

Seriously, it's passages like these that turn people off from religion. He sounds like an angry, vengeful God, not one of love and understanding.
He wrote the good, the bad , and the ugly.
Got to be big enough to accept it all.
It's not a buffet where YOU get to pick. HIS plan, HIS deal. You get to accept it or reject it.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
9Vl29hz.jpg

BrownFlush

The menu sucks. HIS deal is for those who can't think for themselves.
Eat or die.
Not so. HIS deal is for those who choose to think like Him.
All kinds of scripture for those that did, and all kinds for those who didn't. The former had the result I'm looking for.

BrownFlush

As a Father, don't you love it when your kids do what you want because they love you and not because you made them?
Don't you reward good behavior and punish bad? Don't you readily forgive them when they mess up because you love them?
You have rules ( a standard ) in your house they live by?
Your kids view you as some angry, vengeful Father because you do?

You are following a pattern you didn't originate and didn't even know and refuse to give the credit where it's due.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As a Father, don't you love it when your kids do what you want because they love you and not because you made them?
Don't you reward good behavior and punish bad? Don't you readily forgive them when they mess up because you love them?
You have rules ( a standard ) in your house they live by?
Your kids view you as some angry, vengeful Father because you do?

You are following a pattern you didn't originate and didn't even know and refuse to give the credit where it's due.

I have a father. He lives in California. The analogy of God as a father sounds great until you think it through.

floridays

They all rape kids. The Catholics just got the most publicity for it. I’m still going to side against any organization, and whatever else they stand for, that rapes kids, call me crazy.
As we stand against any organization, and whatever else they stand for that execute unborn and partially born human kids. Call me crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.