Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
But, I simply lack belief, and that doesn’t make me religious.

Lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.
You really don't understand the word religion? A religious inference doesn't always mean God.
"He is an atheist religiously." There you go.
How does the Merriam-Webster definition square the idea of absolute lack of belief?
Careful. You brought up absolute.
You traveled the path of what makes something right is where and how you were raised and taught and then you stated murder was an absolute ( all people, all times, all situations) truth. So we went to muslim land and you would not admit they are wrong for what they teach and what the Quran teaches.
And screw you for dragging me back into this absolute morass of a conversation
LOL..There you go..blaming me again for your bad choices.lol
Believe what you want to believe, no ones stopping you.
No kidding.
Thanks. Another you be you. Everybody is right if they think they are.

floridays

How does the Merriam-Webster definition square the idea of absolute lack of belief?

Hint, it doesn’t.

And screw you for dragging me back into this absolute morass of a conversation, I said I bounced: and yet here I am schooling you, cause it was necessary.

Anyway, no matter how much you try, you won’t be able to square the circle of your belief with the circle of non-belief.

It would be similar to me trying to get you to go Buddhist, or Hindu, or Episcopalian, with me backing it up with ‘scripture’.

Which scripture?

I take the good from ten religions and reject the bad.

Believe what you want to believe, no ones stopping you.

But, I simply lack belief, and that doesn’t make me religious.

Lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.

"And screw you for dragging me back into this absolute morass of a conversation, I said I bounced:" @BrownArmy

You came back willfully, screw yourself if you don't like being in the conversation.

Brownflush believes in God, no great shakes

Psalm 14 King James Version (KJV)
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

TheBrownflush, believing there is a God in this instance, simply takes him out of THAT fool pool. You however are still in the pool.
If the above is correct, you Sir are in jeopardy, and @TheBrownFlush is not.

The problem exists after believing there is a God, who is the true God.

@floridays 4:29

BrownArmy

You really don't understand the word religion? A religious inference doesn't always mean God.
"He is an atheist religiously." There you go.

Careful. You brought up absolute.
You traveled the path of what makes something right is where and how you were raised and taught and then you stated murder was an absolute ( all people, all times, all situations) truth. So we went to muslim land and you would not admit they are wrong for what they teach and what the Quran teaches.

LOL..There you go..blaming me again for your bad choices.lol

No kidding.
Thanks. Another you be you. Everybody is right if they think they are.

Guy, this is why I bounced.

You have decided your parameters based on the Religion you chose.

You willfully ignore and denigrate any opposing view. Do whatever you want, but don’t tell me what I’m saying.

I have enough respect for you to respect your choice to follow the Religion you chose.

Sad that you can’t extend the same courtesy to me.

Oh well.

BrownFlush

Guy, this is why I bounced.

You have decided your parameters based on the Religion you chose.

You willfully ignore and denigrate any opposing view. Do whatever you want, but don’t tell me what I’m saying.

I have enough respect for you to respect your choice to follow the Religion you chose.

Sad that you can’t extend the same courtesy to me.

Oh well.
I missed the part where I did not and have not extended the same courtesy to you. Please point it out.
Choose. Choice. Live it up. Do what you want. I've said these things over and over.
I also missed the part where you will not address your inconsistency on the absolute truth/ muslim thing.

BrownFlush

You willfully ignore
Never.
But, you have.
denigrate any opposing view.
denigrate?
If seeking answers, asking questions ( that get no answers), examining evidence of a position to see if I need to consider changing is denigrating then I am guilty.
I think the difference between you and I is ,if I see, or learn, or understand something that hasn't been what I have held on to in the past, I change my thinking. You don't .
Only two things happen when an honest person seeks the truth and finds it.
1) He stops seeking or 2) He stops being honest.

BrownArmy

I missed the part where I did not and have not extended the same courtesy to you. Please point it out.
Choose. Choice. Live it up. Do what you want. I've said these things over and over.
I also missed the part where you will not address your inconsistency on the absolute truth/ muslim thing.

Absolute Truth?

Did I bring up murder?

Seems to me that’s not a Muslim or Christian thing, that’s a human thing.

Even with no belief in Gods, I think it’s absolutely abhorrent to murder another human.

Now, there’s a gray area, perhaps, with countries and war...would you call killing Germans in WWII ‘murder’?

In either case, you have repeatedly tried to peg atheism as a religion, so, yah, you’re not extending me the courtesy of my non-belief.

It’s like if I called you a non-believer because you don’t accept the hundreds of gods in the Hindu religion.

Ridiculous, right?

Yet, here you are quoting your Book at me because I’m not in your club.

Get it straight: not only do I not believe in your God, I don’t believe in any Gods.

Say it: you respect my non-belief.

Or, maybe you don’t respect it wholly, because it doesn’t jive with your beliefs, but tell me you respect my position.

Go ahead. Tell me you respect my non-belief.

And if your belief won’t allow you to do that, so be it.

BrownFlush

Absolute Truth?

Did I bring up murder?

Even with no belief in Gods, I think it’s absolutely abhorrent to murder another human.

Now, there’s a gray area, perhaps, with countries and war...would you call killing Germans in WWII ‘murder’?

In either case, you have repeatedly tried to peg atheism as a religion, so, yah, you’re not extending me the courtesy of my non-belief.

It’s like if I called you a non-believer because you don’t accept the hundreds of gods in the Hindu religion.

Ridiculous, right?

Yet, here you are quoting your Book at me because I’m not in your club.

Get it straight: not only do I not believe in your God, I don’t believe in any Gods.

Say it: you respect my non-belief.

Or, maybe you don’t respect it wholly, because it doesn’t jive with your beliefs, but tell me you respect my position.

Go ahead. Tell me you respect my non-belief.

And if your belief won’t allow you to do that, so be it.
Thats a lot of words for a dodge.

BrownArmy

If by respect you mean agree and approve. Not at all.
I disagree completely with your non belief.
I respect your right and free will ( just like mine) to choose non belief.

Cheers, you don’t have to agree or approve.

I disagree with your belief; it seems arbitrary and capricious to me.

I don’t agree or approve of your ideas...clearly I come to radically different conclusions then you, with the same input.

And it’s all good. Thank you for respecting the free will your god gave me.

Out...

BrownFlush

Absolute Truth?

Did I bring up murder?

Not today.

Whatever thing it is you said it was an absolute truth.

When you were asked if that made muslims wrong for what they teach and believe about killing non muslims ... you dodged more than once... out for sure.

BrownFlush

Cheers, you don’t have to agree or approve.

I disagree with your belief; it seems arbitrary and capricious to me.

I don’t agree or approve of your ideas...clearly I come to radically different conclusions then you, with the same input.

And it’s all good. Thank you for respecting the free will your god gave me.

Out...
Dodge

BrownArmy

Not today.

Whatever thing it is you said it was an absolute truth.

When you were asked if that made muslims wrong for what they teach and believe about killing non muslims ... you dodged more than once... out for sure.

Sigh.

I actually don’t care about Muslim teachings, my guess is ‘good’ Muslims are just about as good as ‘good’ Christians, neither of which would perpetrate murder.

So whatever, I fully reject whatever I said before that has you so worked up.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You miss.
I'm not afraid of God.
I don't serve Him out of fear.
You missed the part about how much as a father you appreciate and love your children when they do what you want them to do because your will is more important to them than their own. Same concept.
His will. Not mine. Why? I love Him.

The God that is described in Scripture loved and understood you enough to give His own Son a sacrifice for someone as unworthy as yourself so you can have forgiveness. Would you sacrifice and allow someone to murder your innocent son for someone who is guilty?
Not particularly loving, understanding, or forgiving? ok

Wonder where being a Dad like that originated from?

My father was raised a Catholic and rejected the religion when he was 10. My Mom, a devout Southern Baptist, still fervently believes. You try desperately to link everything back to God, which I reject. Why can't someone be a good father or a good person independent of God? I think it's definite from my perspective, because I don't think God exists, therefore, exemplary behavior(s) must come from man.

Last edited:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I’m always amused that believers insist on placing their structure of belief onto atheists.

Atheism is a lack of belief, nothing more, nothing less.

Atheism isn’t a Religion, please.
Most Atheists I have come across are zealots against other religions.
They go out of their way to attack people of other religions while idiotically claiming their atheist beliefs are not a religion even as they spread their beliefs in an evangelical way.
I have met many other atheists that simply have no beliefs and don't try convince others of their beliefs.
Perhaps these atheists (little 'a') are the ones to whom you were referring.

BrownArmy

Most Atheists I have come across are zealots against other religions.
They go out of their way to attack people of other religions while idiotically claiming their atheist beliefs are not a religion even as they spread their beliefs in an evangelical way.
I have met many other atheists that simply have no beliefs and don't try convince others of their beliefs.
Perhaps these atheists (little 'a') are the ones to whom you were referring.

I love all religions, I find the diaspora of ideas super-engaging, and I have zero problems saying that as an atheist.

Bottom line, if you’re killing in the name of your religion, you’re doing it wrong.

I’m a lay-Buddhist; I was shocked when I learned of the atrocities committed by Buddhists against other Buddhists, Christians, and Muslims...I think I was nine years old.

It doesn’t make any sense.

Buddhists killing Buddhists over a translation error or a disagreement in policy, why?

Theraveda vs. Mahayana, Sunni vs. Shia, Catholics vs. Protestants, etc.

For what purpose?

Maybe people just like to fight, and wrapping themselves in Religion makes it OK for them.

Sad.

BrownFlush

Sigh.

I actually don’t care about Muslim teachings, my guess is ‘good’ Muslims are just about as good as ‘good’ Christians, neither of which would perpetrate murder.

So whatever, I fully reject whatever I said before that has you so worked up.
It doesn't matter if you care and that's a real bad guess.
Cant be a "good" muslim if you don't uphold and defend and what the Quran teaches.
Can't be a " good" christian if you don't uphold and defend the teachings of Christ.
neither of which would perpetrate murder.
Wrong.
A "good" muslim does.
So whatever, I fully reject whatever I said before
Dodge.
You will not admit error in what muslims teach and believe.
that has you so worked up.
Worked up..lol ..I pressing you to answer and you consistently dodge.. lol

BrownArmy

It doesn't matter if you care and that's a real bad guess.
Cant be a "good" muslim if you don't uphold and defend and what the Quran teaches.
Can't be a " good" christian if you don't uphold and defend the teachings of Christ.

Wrong.
A "good" muslim does.

Dodge.
You will not admit error in what muslims teach and believe.
Worked up..lol ..I pressing you to answer and you consistently dodge.. lol

Lulz, you just won’t let it go?

Look, when a guy has you down on the ground with his foot on your throat, stop complaining.

Buddha’s sake, you’re a bitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.