Remember when......

JL 0513

No power steering, bad sticks and clutches, high steps, wooden shelves filled with splinters, loud engines, manual keys, holding paper in the rain, no GPS. Good times.

35years

Gravy route
You were dispatched with an actual 8.2 everyday, could run it off in 6.5 and stop count would not be raised.

"Peak season' was contractually from Thanksgiving to Christmas. And You only had 10 hour days 3 weeks in December, easing up before Christmas. Christmas eve day was 4 hours long and you were paid for 8.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Any mechanics who can speak about the simple 6 cylinder engines of the past, vs all the computers, etc. they have to deal with now ?

I had an old p800 with a Ford inline 6
Had to go about 50 miles to my first stop.

Middle of February heading straight into a strong north wind
Up a steady incline. Had it floored the whole way could only get up to about 45 mph

Heard a loud bang then a loud knock had to go about a half mile to pull over into a driveway

Opens hood connecting rod sticking through side of the block
And 4 quarts of oil all over somebodies driveway nobody home walked another mile (damn near froze)to a house that somebody was home used their phone. Took about 2 hours to bring me another ride

Fun times got my 12 hours that day

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You were dispatched with an actual 8.2 everyday, could run it off in 6.5 and stop count would not be raised.

"Peak season' was contractually from Thanksgiving to Christmas. And You only had 10 hour days 3 weeks in December, easing up before Christmas. Christmas eve day was 4 hours long and you were paid for 8.

Christmas Eve used to be Code 05 if you wanted it.

Knothead

Yep.
Backing without a camera.

Using an actual key for the bulkhead door instead of standing in front of it like an idiot playing with a plastic pos hoping the door will open.

Using a map book.

Power steering provided by biceps.

Turning the ignition off, flooring the gas, turning ignition back on, shooting 3 foot flame from the tailpipe.

I 'member.

Using an actual key for the bulkhead door instead of standing in front of it like an idiot playing with a plastic pos hoping the door will open.

Using a map book.

Turning the ignition off, flooring the gas, turning ignition back on, shooting 3 foot flame from the tailpipe.

I 'member.
1970 GM package cars!!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Using a map book.

I 'member.

I used to do that all the time

Until I blew a hole in the muffler

Mechanic not happy

Sorry bro I don't know what happened