Removal of skilled pay

BradOcean

Part timers in my building that were previously skilled classification have just now had their extra dollar taken as of two weeks ago. Question is, is that correct that they removed the extra pay? Article 59, under Part Time Employees section D states that no seniority part time employee shall have their rate reduced due to section B (removal of skilled classification) being implemented. Any help is appreciated.

BradOcean

Also I would imagine that if indeed they have been paying these folks a dollar more since August of last year they may be about to cut their checks to get the overpayment back.

PT Crazy

Sounds like someone of upper management is trying to make their budget come out better. Trying to keep their job. The dollar should not be removed.

dogs.bite.me

Sounds like someone of upper management is trying to make their budget come out better. Trying to keep their job. The dollar should not be removed.

their pay should not have been reduced.

the contract reads that if they weren’t making $14/hr and the 70¢ raise didn’t put them at at least 14 then they would get the raise up to 14.
If they were at 13.70 then they would go to 14.40.

no taking away a dollar from current employees just no more getting a dollar more at hire for a skilled position.

OrionIsDaddy

A part timer in my building was making 21.xx with the skilled dollar...now he makes 20.xx since the new contract. Is that correct? He has been emailed and called HR a few times already with no real answer

Nah
A part timer in my building was making 21.xx with the skilled dollar...now he makes 20.xx since the new contract. Is that correct? He has been emailed and called HR a few times already with no real answer

Was he performing a skilled job as of August 1st, 2018? If it's the same as my local, that raise should have been grandfathered in even if he does a different job now.

And rather than rely on HR, tell him to contact his BA. HR is beyond useless.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Was he performing a skilled job as of August 1st, 2018? If it's the same as my local, that raise should have been grandfathered in even if he does a different job now.

And rather than rely on HR, tell him to contact his BA. HR is beyond useless.

...and has absolutely nothing to do with pay issues....

UnconTROLLed

perfection
HR's one and only job is to mitigate liability to the company.

They have zero interest in employees, just making sure they can't sue the company.
That is part of it, but a small part
"Human resources"..exactly how it sounds. How people can live with themselves working in HR for a big Corp is beyond me.

Oak

Learned yesterday I lost. $1000 a year out the window. Doesn't seem right to me, especially since small sort code L10 shows skilled on the time card system.

Oak

BA told me they said I am classified as local sort. He didn't understand why my classification isn't small sort, except that I also load some and do clerk work everyday. Really small center.

Years ago I was approached by a POS sup and told me since nobody else wanted to work smalls it was mine since I was lowest seniority. He gave me a bid to sign and told me I had to sign it. I was still green and signed it.

This should work in my favor except that about five years ago we had a fire and lost the office.