Removal of skilled pay

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by BradOcean, Dec 6, 2019.

1. BradOcean

BradOcean Member

Part timers in my building that were previously skilled classification have just now had their extra dollar taken as of two weeks ago. Question is, is that correct that they removed the extra pay? Article 59, under Part Time Employees section D states that no seniority part time employee shall have their rate reduced due to section B (removal of skilled classification) being implemented. Any help is appreciated.

2. BradOcean

BradOcean Member

Also I would imagine that if indeed they have been paying these folks a dollar more since August of last year they may be about to cut their checks to get the overpayment back.

3. Dough99

Dough99 Member

No. They should be grandfathered in.

4. PT Crazy

PT Crazy Active Member

Sounds like someone of upper management is trying to make their budget come out better. Trying to keep their job. The dollar should not be removed.

5. dogs.bite.me

dogs.bite.me Active Member

their pay should not have been reduced.

the contract reads that if they weren’t making $14/hr and the 70¢ raise didn’t put them at at least 14 then they would get the raise up to 14.
    If they were at 13.70 then they would go to 14.40.

no taking away a dollar from current employees just no more getting a dollar more at hire for a skilled position.

6. OrionIsDaddy

OrionIsDaddy Member

A part timer in my building was making 21.xx with the skilled dollar...now he makes 20.xx since the new contract. Is that correct? He has been emailed and called HR a few times already with no real answer

7. Sudz

Sudz Active Member

Was he performing a skilled job as of August 1st, 2018? If it's the same as my local, that raise should have been grandfathered in even if he does a different job now.

And rather than rely on HR, tell him to contact his BA. HR is beyond useless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

...and has absolutely nothing to do with pay issues....

9. Big Package

Big Package Handler

HR's one and only job is to mitigate liability to the company.

They have zero interest in employees, just making sure they can't sue the company.

10. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I beg to differ. Janice works really hard for us as employees.

11. derrick

derrick Member

they should be grandfathered in.

12. BradOcean

BradOcean Member

Grievance filed as of writing this, will update.

13. Oak

Oak Active Member

Keep us updated.

Also, what region/supplement are you in?

14. BradOcean

BradOcean Member

Southern.

15. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

That is part of it, but a small part
    "Human resources"..exactly how it sounds. How people can live with themselves working in HR for a big Corp is beyond me.

16. Oak

Oak Active Member

Southern here as well. My BA told me to file today.........