Removal of skilled pay

oldngray

nowhere special
He's like that drunk chick at a party that won't leave you alone. :)
ShesaGuySo.gif

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Grieved my classification. I couldn't imagine this going to panel, but I was notified of date, then the date was suspended due to the pandemic. When it is rescheduled, should I go? It's about 1,000 miles one way.

Would the outcome depend upon whether you showed up or not? If so, it would be worth your while to make the trip.

Oak

Once in a great while we get to hear some good news. Learned I won my grievance and will get back pay. From what I understand, everyone in my local that filed will be getting their pay corrected also.

Oak

How long should these bozos be given to correct the weekly pay issue? I expect the back pay will mysteriously take a month or so. I mean they have to count, ya know?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How long should these bozos be given to correct the weekly pay issue? I expect the back pay will mysteriously take a month or so. I mean they have to count, ya know?

Keep filing for penalty pay every week they don't fix it. Under article 17, I believe.

"Other shortages involving more than ffty ($50.00) dollars for full- time employees, and twenty-fve ($25.00) dollars for part-time em- ployees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second sched- uled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.

Errors of less than ffty ($50.00) dollars for full-time employees or twenty-fve ($25.00) dollars for part-time employees and overages will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck. The Union and Employer shall have the authority at any level of the grievance pro- cedure to award a penalty up to the amount specifed in the prior paragraph for any violation of the provision."