REPARATIONS HEARINGS! FREE STUFF?

vantexan

Oh for sure, it’s not the most valuable land. In some cases it incorporates ancestral land, but mostly it’s what white people didn’t want.
Which gets back to the early part of the discussion. Many Native Americans would rather live amongst themselves on land no one else wants, even in poverty, than to live in the greater culture because they were often abused by that greater culture in the past. Not on them to assimilate if they choose not to. Because, you know, "muh freedoms."

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Which gets back to the early part of the discussion. Many Native Americans would rather live amongst themselves on land no one else wants, even in poverty, than to live in the greater culture because they were often abused by that greater culture in the past. Not on them to assimilate if they choose not to. Because, you know, "muh freedoms."
Well, if they choose to live in less than ideal conditions because of past injustices, whose fault is that? Isn’t that being prejudiced against the society at large? At some point you have to move on.

Thebrownblob

Is that the issue? Government assistance?
No, not really I’m just making a point that they get reparations checks. Why would they leave? I have a friend that I work with who is a Feeder driver and makes $150,000 a year and gets a reparations check because he’s 15% Cherokee. He actually thinks it’s hilarious.

vantexan

No, not really I’m just making a point that they get reparations checks. Why would they leave? I have a friend that I work with who is a Feeder driver and makes $150,000 a year and gets a reparations check because he’s 15% Cherokee. He actually thinks it’s hilarious.
Someone has pulled your leg. Cherokees don't get monthly checks. Don't take my word for it. Go to Cherokee.org. There are various assistance programs and also scholarships for students.

Thebrownblob

Someone has pulled your leg. Cherokees don't get monthly checks. Don't take my word for it. Go to Cherokee.org. There are various assistance programs and also scholarships for students.
Could be wrong about what tribe he was I don’t study it and doesn’t come up often with him because he doesn’t care and I don’t remember exactly. I do know he gets a check every month and he makes a nice living. We have a very large Indian population here as a matter fact, the city I live in used to be a Indian mission. And there was quite a few different tribes here. He did not live here. I believe he’s originally from Oklahoma.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Try looking at it from their point of view. They could've disbanded their reservations back in the 1800's and lived as well as blacks and Chinese and others were living as "separate but equal" citizens. Or they could've kept their reservations and had more control over their lives. Which would you have chosen?
I said they didn't assimilate.
You said they did.
Now you're making excuses for why they didn't.

Cool story but they still can.

Mutineer

I don't blame Native Americans one bit. Although that attitude often works against them, and compounds their problems.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I don't blame Native Americans one bit. Although that attitude often works against them, and compounds their problems.
I’ve been in places in the world and it’s a hard thing to overcome a despondent, why try, I’m in the same boat tomorrow as today no matter how hard I try or what I do, many have tried but all come back to this place attitude.
“You can if you put your mind to it “ statements make it even worse because of the impossibility of it happening.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My white neighbors are part Blackfeet.
The mother ( grand, great grand & great great ) is the only member of the family to be born in the USA.

oldngray

nowhere special
I’ve been in places in the world and it’s a hard thing to overcome a despondent, why try, I’m in the same boat tomorrow as today no matter how hard I try or what I do, many have tried but all come back to this place attitude.
“You can if you put your mind to it “ statements make it even worse because of the impossibility of it happening.
A lot of people who stay on the Res have that kind of attitude. The ones who break the cycle are the ones who move away and assimilate.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
My white neighbors are part Blackfeet.
The mother ( grand, great grand & great great ) is the only member of the family to be born in the USA.
My great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee. She lived under a huge rock cleft in the mountains of West Virginia.
My great great grandfather came over from England, met and married her.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Please remove Robynn Europe, 39, of NY from all reparations lists.
She already got her payout.
  • A trainer at a swanky Equinox gym was awarded $11.25 million by a New York jury after she successfully sued her former employer
  • Robynn Europe said Equinox used her lack of punctuality as a pretext for firing her
  • She alleged that the real reason was based on racial and sexual discrimination

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Please remove Robynn Europe, 39, of NY from all reparations lists.
She already got her payout.
  • A trainer at a swanky Equinox gym was awarded $11.25 million by a New York jury after she successfully sued her former employer
  • Robynn Europe said Equinox used her lack of punctuality as a pretext for firing her
  • She alleged that the real reason was based on racial and sexual discrimination
Black women are always late