Republicans havent even been sworn in for the House and the Implosion of the GOP has begun

newolddude

FlqVbegaEAAnIe1

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Thanks, didn't know that. Would be about par for the course if we end up with a Democratic Speaker.
The more likely scenario is that McCarthy cuts a deal with Jeffries whereby just enough Dems don't vote that he can win with just the Republican votes that he already has, that's apparently what Gosar was talking to AOC about:

Ocasio-Cortez, popularly known as AOC, was seen talking to Gosar and Gaetz. She told the Intercept her conversation with Gaetz was a “factcheck”.
“McCarthy was suggesting he could get Dems to walk away to lower his threshold,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “And I factchecked and said absolutely not.”

newolddude

The more likely scenario is that McCarthy cuts a deal with Jeffries whereby just enough Dems don't vote that he can win with just the Republican votes that he already has, that's apparently what Gosar was talking to AOC about:

Ocasio-Cortez, popularly known as AOC, was seen talking to Gosar and Gaetz. She told the Intercept her conversation with Gaetz was a “factcheck”.
“McCarthy was suggesting he could get Dems to walk away to lower his threshold,” Ocasio-Cortez said. “And I factchecked and said absolutely not.”
You sure Gaetz wasn't asking AOC if she had a kid sister?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

The more likely scenario is that McCarthy gives the freedom caucus what they want.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
McConnell is one of the reasons that they're having all of this problem in the House. McConnell doesn't fight against the irresponsible spending, much of which is wasted.The real right are tired of the swamp McConnell's. The sellouts are everywhere.
Conservatives in the House of Representatives, are basically saying we don't want any more government spending. We want balanced budgets. We don't want this deficit. We don't want the debt. And anybody who is soft on that, we're going to oppose - which is why you have the logjam right now.

Next Day Error

X - Other
My prediction: this Congress will eventually elect a Speaker sometime before the debt ceiling must be raised. We will get dangerously close to lighting our good credit on fire but the specter of destroying the economy will force enough of the weirdos to side with moderates to raise the ceiling. Hopefully.