Republicans havent even been sworn in for the House and the Implosion of the GOP has begun

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Only because there's a narrow margin between the parties.
just a reminder that just two months ago (which was still before the November election) the mass predictions were a big red wave, McCarthy sailing into speakership, Democrats having lengthy retreats about how they lost a historic number of seats............................
I love the fact that republicans have no one to blame. Not voting machines, not a “rigged system”, not a hoax - they ONLY have themselves to blame for this mess

vantexan

As I have pointed out MANY times here: there was no Red Wave. Americans are sick and tired of the MAGA stunts: Cries of Rigged Elections, Divisiveness,and poor leadership.

The implosion is only going to get even more entertaining as the year goes by
As I have pointed out MANY times here: the Red Wave will come soon enough. Americans are sick and tired of the woke progressives and their agenda: cries of rigged elections, divisiveness, and poor leadership.

The explosion is only going to get more entertaining as the year goes by.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
As I have pointed out MANY times here: the Red Wave will come soon enough. Americans are sick and tired of the woke progressives and their agenda: cries of rigged elections, divisiveness, and poor leadership.

Erm,we literally just had midterm elections, That Red Wave didnt happen old boy

Box Ox

Erm,we literally just had midterm elections, That Red Wave didnt happen old boy

The midterm elections made it clear to me that the Republicans have to provide realistic alternative candidates to the hard-left crazies if they want their red wave. Doesn't matter what the Democrats do if it's Trump or his BFFs standing on the other side. A lot of people just won't vote for them.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Went right over your head.
FlkfhrdWQAA7dC4.jpg

fishtm2001

"Right now, we don’t actually need a House of Representatives—at least, not one under Republican control. You’ll recall that just before Christmas, Congress passed its annual spending bill, which will keep the government funded all the way until Oct. 1. Far-right furor over GOP support for that package in the Senate is partly animating the rebellion against McCarthy, but its passage was good news for the rest of us, since it reflects mainstream American priorities and ensures the government won’t shut down for the better part of a year. In fact, as long as the bills are paid, there simply isn’t anything else Congress has to do."

Daily Kos

vantexan

You actually need a majority of votes cast so as long as every member shows up and votes yes you need 218, but if some choose not to show up and vote for whatever reason you would need less.
Thanks, didn't know that. Would be about par for the course if we end up with a Democratic Speaker.