"Required" breaks at Express

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just ask your SM, if 10 Managers don't show up tomorrow, will the packages get delivered on time?
Then ask him if 10 CRRs don't show up to work tomorrow, will the packages get delivered on time?

Then ask him which position is more essential to the company? Just remember these managers know who is essential and who isn't, most of the Manager positions aren't essential.
We had a perfect example of this at a station I was at, when they did the manager buy out. We had 9 out of 10 managers, including the SM take it. That left us ONE manager to run the AM and PM. Guess what happened????? Until we got new managers......The freight got delivered and picked up! Imagine that!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
We had a perfect example of this at a station I was at, when they did the manager buy out. We had 9 out of 10 managers, including the SM take it. That left us ONE manager to run the AM and PM. Guess what happened????? Until we got new managers......The freight got delivered and picked up! Imagine that!
I can believe it.

Most manager's time is spent running useless reports that are seldom even read or needless conference calls where the DM's mind wanders while surfing Ebay.

fatboy33

For aircraft and CTV delays, ALWAYS USE CODE 43. Express management is famous for trying to weasel you out of time by buying doughnuts or Egg McMuffins and then having everyone (yeah, team!!) go on break. Um, no.

Most states have laws that say a break must be offered after X hours of work. I would check your state laws. Split shifts are just so wrong, and FedEx abuses the Hell out of people with them. I've seen 3 and 4 hour splits at stations where management tells you to take longer splits when it's light.

Guess what? Light volumes are Fred's problem, not yours. I will never take a split, nor would I ever take a break when I could be on Code 43. Fred makes plenty of money, and he can afford to pay you when his planes and CTVs are late.

Don't let Fred pick your pocket.
DRA is suppose to eliminate 4 hour splits. And right, take the 43. I can say, we have guys that will take the 30 minute Lunch(breakfast) break and it will be the last break they take for the day.