Required to drive on Saturday?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Mine is that I will die alone.

Which is why you are retiring in a yr and a half. Selling out. Moving 3 hours south. To be closer to family. Nothing wrong with that.

My fear is death with an empty truck. I want them to have a nice full one. So I can come haunt them for the day. God willing of course :-)

Sculpin

Update. On the forum's advice, I spoke with my pre-load supervisor today letting him know of my conflict on Saturday. He said that he is on the hunt for someone to cover me and will let me know. FYI, I let the Saturday supervisor know that I needed this specific day off four weeks ago via text. It is common knowledge that I have this same conflict on a monthly basis (1 weekend a month).

I am fairly new, is it common for people call in "sick" for these concerns? Can management retaliate?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
i would say this statement is in the high 90 percentile of being correct.

i loved my job but couldnt stand the bosses so when i had the choice of making 20 plus dollars an hour to stay home or go to work , it was a no brainer. now i work for myself.

we had ONE good center manager during my career and LP walked him off the property. not sure if he qualified for his management retirement.
Is a stripper considered self employed?

PT Car Washer

Update. On the forum's advice, I spoke with my pre-load supervisor today letting him know of my conflict on Saturday. He said that he is on the hunt for someone to cover me and will let me know. FYI, I let the Saturday supervisor know that I needed this specific day off four weeks ago via text. It is common knowledge that I have this same conflict on a monthly basis (1 weekend a month).

I am fairly new, is it common for people call in "sick" for these concerns? Can management retaliate?
You may have to inform your management team that if they cannot accommodate your abstinence once a month you will have to disqualify yourself from air driving.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer

just to let you know ahead of time. they are going to be dicks with you on this. they live for this.