reserve forces

S

scots lad

hi all

i am based in the u.k.and was wondering the stance ups takes toward the reserve forces,i have just been told that i am going on depolyment for 6 months to cyprus with the UN,has anybody within the brown family had any expierience on this????:peaceful:

mastertinter

not sure about the uk, but here (across the "pond") the federal law is that we will not lose our jobs for going into service. i would like to think the queens service would give the same consideration

S

scots lad

thats the same here to,but they can appeal it,and i dont know how they feel about leaving your job for that length of time,might be a black mark agianst me

Overpaid Union Thug

hi all

i am based in the u.k.and was wondering the stance ups takes toward the reserve forces,i have just been told that i am going on depolyment for 6 months to cyprus with the UN,has anybody within the brown family had any expierience on this????:peaceful:

Are you a Royal Marine? Those guys are badasses. Even our Marines say that.

satellitedriver

thats the same here to,but they can appeal it,and i dont know how they feel about leaving your job for that length of time,might be a black mark agianst me
If they give you a black mark, wear it with pride.
You are willing to serve your country and I commend you for it.
Good jobs are hard to come by, but self-pride in doing the task at hand will serve you better in the long run.
Stay safe and strong and come back to us ready to move heavy cardboard boxes.
The company should support you, if not, then it is to their detriment.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In addition to federal law, there is also contract language that maintains seniority, pension contributions etc. for those being called up for military service....I am assuming that similar language exists for you limeys. If not, there should be.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Stand up and be counted, Here in the U.S. there are rules and regs. Ask at you military station and ask at work, maybe they can give you the answers. Here where I work, we have a number of people serving. Godspeed..

pkg-king

We had a part-timer enlist in the military for 4 years. When he came back he retained his seniority, in fact, he went driving right away because of the seniority he had attained, all while serving his country.

satellitedriver

In addition to federal law, there is also contract language that maintains seniority, pension contributions etc. for those being called up for military service....I am assuming that similar language exists for you limeys. If not, there should be.
FYI,
never call a Scot a "limey".
Big difference between the two.