Resignation

Re-Raise

If you wanted to continue to work there, you probably should have fought to keep your job instead of resigning. I can't see why they would pressure you to resign and then ever hire you back.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you wanted to continue to work there, you probably should have fought to keep your job instead of resigning. I can't see why they would pressure you to resign and then ever hire you back.

They wouldn't hire him back after having "asked" him to choose between resigning and being fired.

10 Pt

There's probably management positions available.

10 Pt

Hiding behind the contract is yours.
I don't hide behind anything but I have negotiated rights that you would gladly give away to better your retirement.
I've purposely stayed away from responding to your posting but you can't break the mold of being a badgering puke on here so here's your response little boy.
Yawn.

35years

Gravy route
Why did you quit?

Not clear to me.?

Usually someone is asked to quit when they have done something that could get them fired. Quitting saves the company the hassle of the employee fighting the termination. Quitting also allows the employee the ability to apply to other jobs without the stigma of a firing on their resume.

That being said, I know of a driver who was pressured to quit even though his mess ups would not have warranted a termination. He was a borderline low functioning adult with 10+ years of driving. Honest as the day is long, and a genuinely great guy. He just made more honest mistakes than your average driver. The manager laid a guilt trip on him and handed him the termination letter to sign. The manager who pressured him to quit will have to answer to God for depriving his family of a stable income.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Usually someone is asked to quit when they have done something that could get them fired. Quitting saves the company the hassle of the employee fighting the termination. Quitting also allows the employee the ability to apply to other jobs without the stigma of a firing on their resume.

That being said, I know of a driver who was pressured to quit even though his mess ups would not have warranted a termination. He was a borderline low functioning adult with 10+ years of driving. Honest as the day is long, and a genuinely great guy. He just made more honest mistakes than your average driver. The manager laid a guilt trip on him and handed him the termination letter to sign. The manager who pressured him to quit will have to answer to God for depriving his family of a stable income.
That's :censored2:ed up! The steward should have protested that termination letter because I am assuming he wasn't there when the poor guy signed it.

35years

Gravy route
That's :censored2:ed up! The steward should have protested that termination letter because I am assuming he wasn't there when the poor guy signed it.
You are correct.
The manager "took the guy for a ride" after his shift.

Talked to him about all his "mess ups" and how he was letting the team down, and how it would be better for everyone for him to just quit.

I heard about it a year later from someone outside UPS. I am not sure if the steward and/or BA ever heard why he quit. The driver probably did not know he could appeal it.

The manager (and all the pricks in this world) in the end never really get away with this garbage. God sees all, and is just and merciful.