Resignation

Rack em

Made the Podium
You are correct.
The manager "took the guy for a ride" after his shift.

Talked to him about all his "mess ups" and how he was letting the team down, and how it would be better for everyone for him to just quit.

I heard about it a year later from someone outside UPS. I am not sure if the steward and/or BA ever heard why he quit. The driver probably did not know he could appeal it.

The manager (and all the pricks in this world) in the end never really get away with this garbage. God sees all, and is just and merciful.
If my sup did that to someone I would make his job a living hell until he eventually got fired which is what the p.o.s deserves.

35years

Gravy route
I had a similar situation 20 years ago. Jerk of a manager suggested I resign. It was the flavor of the day management technique back then. I personally took great offence at his suggestion. He is no longer a manger (quit). I will be retiring with full and part time combined pensions of over $60,000 per year... when I feel like retiring.

Last edited:

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Felt as if

I didnt do enough to fight for my job, I trusted my BA , all the way.... and whn we were sitting there not a word from him to maybe that is not idea and as much as it was hurting me to do it, felt there was choice
You should apply at ups small package. If you have a class a cdl apply for tractor trailer driver.
I would definitely try a different division then freight. They most likely wont take you back

Shawnn

Usually someone is asked to quit when they have done something that could get them fired. Quitting saves the company the hassle of the employee fighting the termination. Quitting also allows the employee the ability to apply to other jobs without the stigma of a firing on their resume.

That being said, I know of a driver who was pressured to quit even though his mess ups would not have warranted a termination. He was a borderline low functioning adult with 10+ years of driving. Honest as the day is long, and a genuinely great guy. He just made more honest mistakes than your average driver. The manager laid a guilt trip on him and handed him the termination letter to sign. The manager who pressured him to quit will have to answer to God for depriving his family of a stable income.
that sums wht happened up,
"Usually someone is asked to quit when they have done something that could get them fired. Quitting saves the company the hassle of the employee fighting the termination. Quitting also allows the employee the ability to apply to other jobs without the stigma of a firing on their resume." Also " The manager laid a guilt trip on him and handed him the termination letter to sign " Even my BA sided with what he was saying, and I said that some things aren't right I still felt like I didnt have any choices, But resign and hope to reapply after some time off...

35years

Gravy route
that sums wht happened up,
"Usually someone is asked to quit when they have done something that could get them fired. Quitting saves the company the hassle of the employee fighting the termination. Quitting also allows the employee the ability to apply to other jobs without the stigma of a firing on their resume." Also " The manager laid a guilt trip on him and handed him the termination letter to sign " Even my BA sided with what he was saying, and I said that some things aren't right I still felt like I didnt have any choices, But resign and hope to reapply after some time off...
If your BA sided with the idea of quitting perhaps it was the best option depending on your offence. We don't know what you did so we can't tell you if you made the right call. Being rehired by the same division of the company is not going to happen.

You could take a shot at turning in an application to feeders or package if you were freight... but my guess is they will want to know why you quit. It would be a long-shot. If the reason is not already shared by the different divisions of the company, you better have another secondary reason why you quit.

We had a driver forced to quit for stealing time. The driver immediately got a job with the local transit authority. Applying at a separate company is your best shot.

Shawnn

If your BA sided with the idea of quitting perhaps it was the best option depending on your offence. We don't know what you did so we can't tell you if you made the right call. Being rehired by the same division of the company is not going to happen.

You could take a shot at turning in an application to feeders or package if you were freight... but my guess is they will want to know why you quit. It would be a long-shot. If the reason is not already shared by the different divisions of the company, you better have another secondary reason why you quit.

We had a driver forced to quit for stealing time. The driver immediately got a job with the local transit authority. Applying at a separate company is your best shot.
That I will try, as far as going back to where I was I know is going to happen.....
Now I'm in dead man's land ( YRCW )

35years

Gravy route
There were there, but did nonthing to object to what the company side .
If it was a cardinal offence it would have been your best option.
If it was a minor offence, depending on how long ago it happened, you might have recourse to claiming the Union did not represent you. You would need a labor lawyer and a strong case. Even then it would be unlikely you would obtain an outcome you would like. (you would be targeted if you gained your job back).

Shawnn

Here a update, A " No Rehire " Status can be changed buy the manager who closed your file,
And also be honest and truthful upon your request to work for Ups if you return. ...
All "no rehire" are given to anyone who leaves this means " Banned For Life ".......

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Here a update, A " No Rehire " Status can be changed buy the manager who closed your file,
And also be honest and truthful upon your request to work for Ups if you return. ...
All "no rehire" are given to anyone who leaves this means " Banned For Life ".......

Makes no sense

But, ok

Shawnn

Just say for those that was asking about there no rehire Status, that it can be changed , but only by the manager that closed or terminates they're file,....

Shawnn

Most employees don't know that if they resign even for a good reason that that will be there status , in which case that means banned for life from ups

Yolo

vvMl26v.jpg

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
This isn't the only trucking company in the world.
You worked here, and now you don't work here.
Stop banging your head against the wall and work elsewhere.
You have a CDL and they are in great demand.
Resigning should have given you a clean record and years of job experience.