Retail Stores no longer Around

P

pickup

Service Merchandise

Wow, I had to search my memory and wikipedia to refresh myself on that . I remember the key to getting what you wanted at that store was the catalogue as some locations couldn't display everything . You would open up the catalogue and find what you wanted and read the info on each item. Wow, good one , upstate. I think I bought a hewlett packard calculator at one of those places.

P

pickup

Pergament's or Pergament. That was the place to go for hardware before Home Depot stepped in.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Service Merchandise

Ha, I miss Service Merchandise. A long time ago, we went to one to get my wife a typewriter. I said this was a long time ago. We paid for a Smith Corona Model 99 for a hundred bucks and then went to the back to pick it up. Out comes a Smith Corona Model 990 word processor instead, which was priced at about $500. We did the right thing and told them they made a mistake, but they said they were out of stock on the one we ordered and insisted on us taking the word processor instead, so we did.

Big Babooba

Mend my broken heart but I miss you...
Marshall Field's
Gimbel's

These are gone with no loss in my heart...
Zayre's
Treasure Island

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - From Marshall Field's Bridge Restaurant

1-3/4 cupsButter
1-3/4 cupsbrown sugar; firmly packed
1-3/4 cupsSugar
2 teaspoonsSalt
2 teaspoonsBaking soda
3 EGGS
2 teaspoonsVanilla extract
2-2/3 cupsFlour
3-1/2 cupsRolled oats
4-2/3 cupsRaisins
3=1/2 cupswalnuts; chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugars, salt and baking soda until light. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until blended. Add flour and oats, mix until blended. Add raisins and walnuts and mix until well distributed.

Drop batter by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets (I spray with Pam).

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
Notes

Makes 4 dozen large cookies.

(I make 6 - 7 dozen medium sized cookies.)

14 cookies per sheet bake longer 10-15 minutes.

Big Babooba

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - From Marshall Field's Bridge Restaurant

1-3/4 cupsButter
1-3/4 cupsbrown sugar; firmly packed
1-3/4 cupsSugar
2 teaspoonsSalt
2 teaspoonsBaking soda
3 EGGS
2 teaspoonsVanilla extract
2-2/3 cupsFlour
3-1/2 cupsRolled oats
4-2/3 cupsRaisins
3=1/2 cupswalnuts; chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter, sugars, salt and baking soda until light. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until blended. Add flour and oats, mix until blended. Add raisins and walnuts and mix until well distributed.

Drop batter by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets (I spray with Pam).

Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until done.
Notes

Makes 4 dozen large cookies.

(I make 6 - 7 dozen medium sized cookies.)

14 cookies per sheet bake longer 10-15 minutes.

My 5 year old granddaughter and I will be baking these this Saturday minus the nuts. (She has a nut allergy) I'm sure that she will have to taste test a few of them!