Retail Stores no longer Around

P

pickup

Another Retail Store long gone (and good riddance): Big Babooba's. The store had the worst reputation around. They took your money on lay away but never delivered the goods. And the goods: cheap knockoffs and counterfeit brand names. Just before the store went out of business, it was selling gift cards. When the store had many still unredeemed gift cars out in circulation, it mysteriously burned down . The owner of the store collected the money on the insurance policy he took out the week before and quickly fled the area.

The store only now has an internet presence and seems to operate out of a P.O. Box located in the middle of nowhere. Be very careful when dealing with this company. Quick to take your money , but never seems to deliver.

Big Babooba

Another Retail Store long gone (and good riddance): Big Babooba's. The store had the worst reputation around. They took your money on lay away but never delivered the goods. And the goods: cheap knockoffs and counterfeit brand names. Just before the store went out of business, it was selling gift cards. When the store had many still unredeemed gift cars out in circulation, it mysteriously burned down . The owner of the store collected the money on the insurance policy he took out the week before and quickly fled the area.

The store only now has an internet presence and seems to operate out of a P.O. Box located in the middle of nowhere. Be very careful when dealing with this company. Quick to take your money , but never seems to deliver.

You'll be sorry you ever made this statement. I'll see you in court. You will be hearing soon from my attorneys - Big Babooba, Big Babooba & Scratch, Attorneys at Law.

S

serenity now

You'll be sorry you ever made this statement. I'll see you in court. You will be hearing soon from my attorneys - Big Babooba, Big Babooba & Scratch, Attorneys at Law.

You should switch over to my guys: Dewy, Scrooum, and Howe

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Channel Home Centers, J M Fields, Kings, Mammoth Mart, Mars
I was thinking of a few of those. We had a Mars store in my town. The Mammoth Mart kind of rings a bell, what type of stuff did they sell?
Does anybody remember "square deal Neil's" in Cupples Square, Lowell?

ReLooped

I'm utility...AGAIN!?
i live in socal and remember these stores growing up:

fedco
zody's
gemco
federated group
mervyns
Montgomery ward
is kb toys still around?

Woolworths and Woolcos--you could get anything from a pair of pantyhose, to a parakeet there
Ben Franklin--great craft stuff
Sam Soloman--just about anything for the home, garden, or jewelry

bluehdmc

is kb toys still around?

I read an article in Rolling Stone about Bain Capital (remember them?) and KB Toys. KB was one of their victims. They took it over in a leveraged buyout then used all the cash to payoff the leverage. Then they sucked out the remaining capital and put them out of business.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I read an article in Rolling Stone about Bain Capital (remember them?) and KB Toys. KB was one of their victims. They took it over in a leveraged buyout then used all the cash to payoff the leverage. Then they sucked out the remaining capital and put them out of business.
....and they would've gone out of business several years earlier than they did if not for Bain.