Retired but can we be a drivers helper ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We need you to come back....
lol
Honestly, I would listen to their pitch. If they told me I could just work local, making a few pickups and then running some preloads out to the centers...I'd probably still say no but I'd think about it. It really is easy money. But coming back to delivery, hell no especially now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
3-4 weeks in feeders or delivery you would easily gross enough to max out your IRA's for another year. That's how they'll lure you back.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
How's that retirement going for you. Have you settled into pacing yourself yet?
It's very easy to get used to. My alarm doesn't go off at 5:45 anymore. I'm trying to eat less and drink more water. I'm trying to do more walking around the neighborhood to exercise, I'll be glad when everything opens up at the community clubhouse. It has a two-story gym and indoor pools among other things and is starting to open up since being shut down by COVID. First pension check hit the bank a day early. Trying to put up with the spouse all day can be trying at times.

rod

Retired 22 years
It's very easy to get used to. My alarm doesn't go off at 5:45 anymore. I'm trying to eat less and drink more water. I'm trying to do more walking around the neighborhood to exercise, I'll be glad when everything opens up at the community clubhouse. It has a two-story gym and indoor pools among other things and is starting to open up since being shut down by COVID. Trying to put up with the spouse all day can be trying at times.
I found out early that the secret to putting up with the spouse was to buy a Harley and make up excuses to run errands.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I found out early that the secret to putting up with the spouse was to buy a Harley and make up excuses to run errands.
I've been thinking about making excuses to run errands too. I used to race dirt bikes but was never interested in street bikes though.