Retired

David Sherman

This Is my first day on this web site, I only heard about it a short while ago, I would for my first post thank my fellow teamsters for taking away the bonus we used to get at the end of the year, If this is the type of teamsters we have today I'm glad I'm away from you all.

HazMatMan

This Is my first day on this web site, I only heard about it a short while ago, I would for my first post thank my fellow teamsters for taking away the bonus we used to get at the end of the year, If this is the type of teamsters we have today I'm glad I'm away from you all.
Taking away your bonus?? I'm sorry, what bonus are you talking about??

U

Ups Man

hell, that $1000 dollar bonus for drivers and $500 dollar bonus for partimers that we use to get
at the end of the year was eliminated so long ago most of todays upsers don`t know it ever existed. the way it got eliminated was we were given a choice. either get a raise in pay or keep the bonus. the raise in pay over the year was more then the bonus so we took the raise. thats the way it was finangled out by the company, we still get the Turkey though. by the way
the thirft plan was cut out about that time too.

dragracer66

Way to go "DAVE" you had to make your first post a shot to all of your former coworkers. If your retired go away you wrinkled up old fart!!!! You say your glad that your away from us, so stay away thats all we need on here is a retiree complaining about the union. It's old timers like you that made the union the way it is. Were still trying to straighten it out. The next time you want to complain ask your former brothers that are retired in the central states how there pension is doing!!!!

looper804

Is it time to go home yet
I haven't had a bonus in about 20 years.What bonus are you talking about? Or have you been retired that long and just got an internet connection.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to admit, that is probably the worst first impression that I have seen yet on this forum.

I'll tell you what--here is your bonus, in the form of some free advice. Do not come on to a forum intended for active UPS employees and for those retirees who have something of value to add to the discussion and blame us for the shortcomings in your life.

wornoutupser

Mr. Sherman,

Are you related to the idiot that burned Atlanta? You are certainly burning yourself on this board.

If you are so concerned about this, may I ask for you to drive down 301,turn right on Martin Luther King Blvd and actually ATTEND a meeting at Local 79? I am certain that many of your fellow union workers could sort you out on this matter. UPS took away that bonus, not your fellow union members!

brown67

The Union took away the bonus. Actually, it wasn't taken away it was figured into our hourly wages instead of getting it in one lump sum. So its spread out over the whole year instead of a lump sum. Why may you ask did the union do that. Simple, they are greedy just like UPS. Your union dues are based on how much you make per hour. So the union didn't get a cut of the $1000 bonus when it was paid out in a lump sum. So, we got an extra .05 an hour raise years ago to make up for the $1000 bonus and now the union gets a cut of that money. Nice. The retired poster needs to get his facts right so he doesn't look more stupid than he clearly is.

The way I see it, from the first year the bonuses stopped I get the same $1000k I got that year EVERY year and the one from the following year. It's just paid to me by the hour (plus over time and production bonuses).

tups

We can still get bonuses, and the company even encourages giving them out... They're called SALES LEADS NOW!!

raceanoncr

Bonus every year? What?

For a couple of contracts we had "signing bonus", a carrot that was dangled in front of "check-to-check" friend/ters and p/ters that didn't amount to squat! You consider a one-time $1,000 (well, after taxes, SS and all other deductions were whitled out, amounted to about $500-600) a bonus?

Man, if that's all I had to bitch about in my retirement I should have been executed a long time ago.

feeder53

ADKtrails
Mr Sherman, WE did not take away anything. As I know the system we all vote on what is on the table and we try to do our best for everyone. I am sorry you feel that you have been shorted, I look at the positive aspects of my life and move on from the negative ones....Life is what we make it...Try to focus on the good things the teamsters, UPS and your fellow workers have given you. Enjoy....