Retiree reemployment

Up North

I retired end of last October after driving for 31 yrs and they asked if I wanted to just come back and help out part time seasonal during peak and I said fine only 4 -5 hour maybe a day for 6 weeks I said sure. Then comes a letter from retirement center in January that I owed back November and December pension because I was working! I said I was part time seasonal paying union dues on an average working 13 hours a week! After two months of a dozen phone calls and nobody calling back or just blaming the next person they decided the rule was I didn’t wait 30 days after I retired to start working again!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I retired end of last October after driving for 31 yrs and they asked if I wanted to just come back and help out part time seasonal during peak and I said fine only 4 -5 hour maybe a day for 6 weeks I said sure. Then comes a letter from retirement center in January that I owed back November and December pension because I was working! I said I was part time seasonal paying union dues on an average working 13 hours a week! After two months of a dozen phone calls and nobody calling back or just blaming the next person they decided the rule was I didn’t wait 30 days after I retired to start working again!
UPS is still screwing you over after you retired.
What are you a masochist ?

badpal

We have retirees come back every peak, never heard about a pension prob. Maybe it was the 30 day thing.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Just trying to find out if anyone knows the rules on reemployment, not trying to find out who the smart asses are! Bullies!Lol

Retiring under the UPS/IBT plan, the only re-employment rules were you

couldn't work for UPS (or any subsidiary) or be employed by the Union.

Inthegame

An FYI for ALL (retired) UPSers...As stated, before beginning any re-employment check with your Pension administrators. Many allow up to 40 hours per month in any employment, however each plan has their own rules.
UPS has recently asked for a waiver for UPS retirees to reemploy during peak. Some plans require this waiver annually.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My plans said that i have to get the Plan's permission first before I take on a max 20/hr a week side job.

Central States is similar to that. Highly restrictive.

Fortunately, the UPS/IBT plan is pretty forgiving. One of the well known board

members here.... has Local officials that found a "work around" for being employed

by the Union, and was collecting his pension + a salary from his Local.

oldngray

nowhere special
Central States is similar to that. Highly restrictive.

Fortunately, the UPS/IBT plan is pretty forgiving. One of the well known board

members here.... has Local officials that found a "work around" for being employed

by the Union, and was collecting his pension + a salary from his Local.

Central States used to be highly restrictive but not so much now. Probably depends on the local.