Retiree

cachmeifucan

Spending years here at the BC has certainly made me appreciate being in the WCT. The stories from members elsewhere are definitely eye opening!
How much per year is your pension. Ours in 705 is 108$ for full time but if you get 30 years full time they give you 600 a month. Health insurance is around 500 for a family I think

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lot of dentist going with an in house plann
$500 a year at our dentist covers a lot
Our dental is pretty good, we basically don't pay for anything routine. Checkups, cleanings, fillings, xrays all covered 100%. Root canals, crowns, bridgework, stuff like that is covered 75%.

How much is the western pension worth. We get 108 per year. If you get 30 years full time we get a extra 600. Each month to absorb the cost of health insurance.
Say $22,000 in contributions a year (different areas have different contribution amounts) $22,000 * 1.2% = $264 a month.

2020 was * 1.5% = $330 a month
Contributions increase a little every year.
$1 an hour increase in contributions = $25 a month @ 1.2%
Different areas have different insurance. Ours in $150 individual $300 family then turns into a Medicaid supplement.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
How much per year is your pension. Ours in 705 is 108$ for full time but if you get 30 years full time they give you 600 a month. Health insurance is around 500 for a family I think
I'm not sure of the actual amount per year. I'm not sure either how they calculate your actual payout. I tossed out all of my old contract books. I ended up with $4200/mo top payout at 31 years (1st 3 years P/T). I guess if you just do the math, it's $135yr avg. Health insurance is $0 covering me and wife only. If you have children, they are not included. We, as a local, opted for a 0.48 hourly deduction, that increased to 0.92 over the years, towards retiree medical plan that covers medical, dental, and vision.
No freeloaders on pension plan......
Are you calling me a freeloader? I knew from the day I started at 18 years old that we had a PEER 80 retirement plan that would allow me to retire at 49. I planned for my retirement from the day I started working at UPS. I spent, lived and saved accordingly all those years. 31 years worked at UPS is hardly freeloading.

cachmeifucan

I'm not sure of the actual amount per year. I'm not sure either how they calculate your actual payout. I tossed out all of my old contract books. I ended up with $4200/mo top payout at 31 years (1st 3 years P/T). I guess if you just do the math, it's $135yr avg. Health insurance is $0 covering me and wife only. If you have children, they are not included. We, as a local, opted for a 0.48 hourly deduction, that increased to 0.92 over the years, towards retiree medical plan that covers medical, dental, and vision.

Are you calling me a freeloader? I knew from the day I started at 18 years old that we had a PEER 80 retirement plan that would allow me to retire at 49. I planned for my retirement from the day I started working at UPS. I spent, lived and saved accordingly all those years. 31 years worked at UPS is hardly freeloading.
Nice congratulations. You deserve it.

cachmeifucan

I started at 17 pt so I guess my pt pension doesn't start until my 21st birthday. @Big???? I guess by law ips doesn't have to pay until the person is 21 years old

Over70irregs

Say $22,000 in contributions a year (different areas have different contribution amounts) $22,000 * 1.2% = $264 a month.

2020 was * 1.5% = $330 a month
Contributions increase a little every year.
$1 an hour increase in contributions = $25 a month @ 1.2%
Different areas have different insurance. Ours in $150 individual $300 family then turns into a Medicaid supplement.
Medical or dental included?