Retirees ; Do you get high now?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It's nice being retired and be able to drink when you want and get high when you want.

FUH
B17393AB-EE97-484B-B663-44C648D69D2F.gif

Shiftless

What is this High you speak of? Cant be the one that is "High on Life" is it?

Why it seems like only yesterday when the MAN came in and Said "we are going to start drug testing you feeder drivers" ??? Wait a minute you cant screw with my lifestyle I said! Fast forward a few fired drivers later!

Now you know the sad story of how Feeder Drivers "USE TO BE" the "LIFE OF THE PARTY"

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
What is this High you speak of? Cant be the one that is "High on Life" is it?

Why it seems like only yesterday when the MAN came in and Said "we are going to start drug testing you feeder drivers" ??? Wait a minute you cant screw with my lifestyle I said! Fast forward a few fired drivers later!

Now you know the sad story of how Feeder Drivers "USE TO BE" the "LIFE OF THE PARTY"

I like having a drink or 2 before dinner. I don't smoke to get high but i do like the candy that helps me sleep. plus some of the medicinals are good for my spouses pain. times sure have changed from the partying days.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It's nice being retired and be able to drink when you want and get high when you want.

FUH
I did for awhile but then I realized I have an addictive predisposition.
Now I only do it at festivals ... and the occasional concert.
I have not drank alcohol in over 2 years now.

I did not get stoned while I was in management at UPS and only drank fake beer at UPS get togethers.
I guess I suspected I had the addict gene all those 35 years I stayed clean.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I like having a drink or 2 before dinner. I don't smoke to get high but i do like the candy that helps me sleep. plus some of the medicinals are good for my spouses pain. times sure have changed from the partying days.
The edibles are great for shutting your mind down and no effects when you wake up.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
For so many years would have to look at clock to see if i could have a drink. Now anytime . Usually at end of day before dinner. I really thought i would drink too much when i retired but haven't gotten drunk one time in last 4 years.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I dont. I did once shortly after I retired, at a friends house, and I didnt like the feeling of not being in control....It was Ok, but not my thing....It had only been like 30 yrs........ Never cared for it when I became an adult. It makes me tired and hungry, and I need no help with either. Now back in the day.....

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I dont. I did once shortly after I retired, at a friends house, and I didnt like the feeling of not being in control....It was Ok, but not my thing....It had only been like 30 yrs........ Never cared for it when I became an adult. It makes me tired and hungry, and I need no help with either. Now back in the day.....
agree......us too.

I can not smoke because of asthma. tried the candy and had really strange dreams. I wanted it to help get to sleep. At the store you have to wait in a ridiculously long line and then speak to the person behind a counter ( like the old drug stores ) and tell them what you need it for. They are dressed like doctors ( which is a joke ) and then they recommend what you should get.

I walked out of there with a candy bar for $25 and a bag of gummies for $28.

waste of money IMO. I'll stick to good ol beer and mixed drinks. .....wish i could still find some qualudes lol.