Retirement and Inflation

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
The news is the biggest problem. No one would ever think about a shortage of something unless the news told us there was going to be a shortage. The people would go about their everyday lives and wouldn't run out and hoard causing a shortage. Why do you think porch pirates are a thing now? You would of had a few people that would of done this but when the news reports on it people that it had never crossed their minds all of a sudden think yea that’s a good idea. Fear sells and the news wants to sell. If it wasn’t for news who would of ever took a shot that has never been approved with no compensation and no way to sue if anything goes wrong for a virus that is no worse than the yearly flu?

TSGRelic

Somebody help me in this ..Why were people hoarding toilet paper during the early stages of this pandemic? 🦇🤪
Because the media said there was a shortage. Just like everything else that has happened in the last 15 months, the media creating panic has been the root cause. Probably they get their tips from the alphabet agencies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Hindsight reveals it was a good thing folks had plenty of TP.
There was and has been a bunch of smilet that has come down the pike.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Because the media said there was a shortage. Just like everything else that has happened in the last 15 months, the media creating panic has been the root cause. Probably they get their tips from the alphabet agencies.
What is the alternative? The government controlling the news? Only putting out positive feel good stories for the "benefit" of the nation

Darmark7

What is the alternative? The government controlling the news? Only putting out positive feel good stories for the "benefit" of the nation
Don’t you know the CIA took over Hollywood years ago? That TV you get your information from is telling you what they want you to know and think while also pacifying you. Why do you think they can totally change what people will accept in just a few years? Things that people would of never accepted just a few years ago are pushed as though it’s what everyone is wanting now. Sheep that want to belong think if everyone else thinks this or that then I better parrot what they are telling me. What has been told to us on TV that was a conspiracy is now coming out as fact and what they told us was fact is now being uncovered as a conspiracy. Do some research a good place to start is search “Operation Mockingbird“

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Don’t you know the CIA took over Hollywood years ago? That TV you get your information from is telling you what they want you to know and think while also pacifying you. Why do you think they can totally change what people will accept in just a few years? Things that people would of never accepted just a few years ago are pushed as though it’s what everyone is wanting now. Sheep that want to belong think if everyone else thinks this or that then I better parrot what they are telling me. What has been told to us on TV that was a conspiracy is now coming out as fact and what they told us was fact is now being uncovered as a conspiracy. Do some research a good place to start is search “Operation Mockingbird“
1623863211138.png

Over70irregs

I've said it before.
I've been spending mine. Whatever I want or whenever I have opportunity to give and wherever I want to go, I do.. I'm not kiddin'. Pension and SS. I spend it. The rainy day has been since I retired. If either dries up, (Pension & SS) I'll sink with everybody else. I don't care. Never had a 401K. Sold all UPS stock long ago.. Bitcoin? Never even looked it up.
I know there aren't many folks out there into scripture but Peter said"Your money perishes with you." -Acts 8:20
This isn't going to be me. When I kick the bucket, I don't want to have two nickels to rub together.
Um..... kids eeeer wife?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think what he was trying to say in case you would pass away is your spouse taken care of.

I know that's one of my biggest concerns about retiring
November 10, 1999
I had been with the company 20 years. I even borrowed money before that date to buy stock.
That day, put me in the driver's seat to speak so independently and boldly. I didn't do anything. I was lucky. Thank God.
Real estate did it for me after that.
The market is hot where I live. My house isn't for sale.I turned down 1.3 million for my house 2 weeks ago. Done moving.
My family can sell a few things if they want. I'm figuring they'll be fine.

Darmark7

I think what he was trying to say in case you would pass away is your spouse taken care of.

I know that's one of my biggest concerns about retiring
One of my biggest concerns in retirement was how to provide for the wife in case I went 1st. Things would of been so much easier if I would of just had to think of myself. She will be set up pretty well if I go 1st. I joke that if I die her and her new husband will be High Fiving each other and saying what a great guy I was. 😳

November 10, 1999
I had been with the company 20 years. I even borrowed money before that date to buy stock.
That day, put me in the driver's seat to speak so independently and boldly. I didn't do anything. I was lucky. Thank God.
Real estate did it for me after that.
The market is hot where I live. My house isn't for sale.I turned down 1.3 million for my house 2 weeks ago. Done moving.
My family can sell a few things if they want. I'm figuring they'll be fine.
Nice

One of my biggest concerns in retirement was how to provide for the wife in case I went 1st. Things would of been so much easier if I would of just had to think of myself. She will be set up pretty well if I go 1st. I joke that if I die her and her new husband will be High Fiving each other and saying what a great guy I was. 😳
I'm just trying to find the right balance cuz trust me I want to get the friend out of Dodge

Re-Raise

Lol

What I see is conspiracy theory craziness being fed to people who are susceptible to conspiracy theory craziness.

Why do you and people like you get so worked up? I couldn’t care less what the “media” or “Hollywood” wants me to believe.

You are being manipulated to be in fear all of the time.