Retirement in Virginia

BigBo

There just seems to some big secret about retirement at center in Virginia! No information or conflicting information. Have 22 years in and want to get out as soon as I can, will stay till 25 but NO way I can do more, job is worse year after year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There just seems to some big secret about retirement at center in Virginia! No information or conflicting information. Have 22 years in and want to get out as soon as I can, will stay till 25 but NO way I can do more, job is worse year after year.

There is no 22 and out that I am aware of.

rod

Retired 22 years

Reminds me of when I retired. You would have though I was the first person in UPS's/Teamster history to retire. I couldn't get a prompt straight answer out of anyone.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Reminds me of when I retired. You would have though I was the first person in UPS's/Teamster history to retire. I couldn't get a prompt straight answer out of anyone.

Piece of cake here. I just called the pension fund for my paperwork, filled it all out and three months later, I was out the door.

I didn't even tell the company.

rod

Retired 22 years
Piece of cake here. I just called the pension fund for my paperwork, filled it all out and three months later, I was out the door.

I didn't even tell the company.

Some have an easy time getting retired and for others its a nightmare. It must have something to so with whoever is tasked with pushing the right buttons. Its no different than ordering a #1 at McDonalds. Some kids can give you the correct change no problem and others----well you can just see the wheels turning in their "skipped as much school as possible" brain.

BigBo

Hear so much crap about when you can go and when you can't. I can't do more than 25 because I am 56 years.old, job has become impossible, 12 hour plus days not just during holidays...can't do that into my 60s if I want to enjoy the family that have already suffered enough all these years...LIFE after UPS!

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
It would be almost impossible to do this job into your sixties.......
(unless you're some kind of freakin' Superman).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It would be almost impossible to do this job into your sixties.......
(unless you're some kind of freakin' Superman).

You would certainly have to have a retirement run, although those are becoming more difficult to come by.

We have two drivers retiring at the end of the year. Both are in their late 50's and both could easily physically go another 5 years. Mentally I'm not so sure---this job has a way of draining you.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hear so much crap about when you can go and when you can't. I can't do more than 25 because I am 56 years.old, job has become impossible, 12 hour plus days not just during holidays...can't do that into my 60s if I want to enjoy the family that have already suffered enough all these years...LIFE after UPS!
Why don't you get on the 9.5 list

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
no coworkers know?

call your local. in the west it is 80 and out. it's different anywhere.

have you built up sick days? i was calling out every monday for the last several months.

get a drs note once in awhile to rest or heal up.

some drivers in your situation go out on fmla once a year for their last couple years. self preservation.

remember , there is more than one way to skin a cat.